displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: Push Button Start sorted !
Flatoutfarr

Junior User

Post #1
Hi everyone. I posted here, a little while ago , about wiring diagrams for doing this modification for my race car. Sadly, no one on the forum was really able to help.

I ended up talking to the guys at Pug-1-Off who were very helpful and gave me some guidance, so, this morning, I took a deep breath and sat down and did it, using logic and experience.

As you will see from the photos, I wired a live feed from the auxiliary fuse box I installed, which comes off the battery master switch [so when it is turned off, everything goes off.] This is the red cable that plugs into the bottom of the toggle switch. The output from this switch [black cable] takes a live to the "push - button" and a live to the wiring where the ignition switch once existed.

The black cable from the output side of the toggle switch is connected to the combined yellow and orange cables. These 2 cables give power to the fuel pump etc.

The red cable, from the output side of the "push-button switch" is connected to the thick blue cable, as can be seen from the photo.

The ignition switch and it's surround etc has been taken off the column so we now have no steering lock and no "cut-out" from the ECU as the ECU has been unlocked previously.

Hey presto ; it all works properly ! Just got to fix the small panel into my ally race dash and tidy up the wiring.

If people want me to draw a wiring diagram, let me know and I will sort it.

At the risk of stating the obvious, disconnect the battery whilst you mess around with the cabling as we do not want a fire !

Flatoutfarr has attached the following image:

Adventure before Dementia !!
Posted 2nd Sep 2018 at 15:08
Flatoutfarr

Junior User

Post #2
2nd picture attached

Flatoutfarr has attached the following image:

Adventure before Dementia !!
Posted 2nd Sep 2018 at 15:07
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Nothing more rewarding than getting it to work lol. I did the loom in mine and glad I did as so much easier to work with not to mention lighter.
Posted 2nd Sep 2018 at 16:34