displaying posts 1 to 6 of 6

Author Subject: P/s pump noise?
goldfish

Junior User

Post #1
I’ve got a grinding type of noise coming from the p/s pump I think, it’s in that area anyway. I had my timing belt done and the garage said it was noisy (a few weeks ago). Are they difficult to change? Are they expensive? Are they readily available?
Posted 19th Aug 2018 at 14:25
RetroPug

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Easy to change as access to it is fine given that it is at the top of the engine bay at the front.

You just remove the aux belt, disconnect the lines to the pump and drain the fluid out, unbolt it and bolt a new pump on. Reattach lines, refill with fluid, reattach aux belt.

Not sure on availability nor expense I've just used good 2nd hand ones in the past.

61k miles Ph.1 Diablo '6 Project Thread
Posted 20th Aug 2018 at 10:54
goldfish

Junior User

Post #3
quote:
[quote="RetroPug"]Easy to change as access to it is fine given that it is at the top of the engine bay at the front.

You just remove the aux belt, disconnect the lines to the pump and drain the fluid out, unbolt it and bolt a new pump on. Reattach lines, refill with fluid, reattach aux belt.

Not sure on availability nor expense I've just used good 2nd hand ones in the past.

Ok thanks, I’ll keep an eye out for a pump, I don’t suppose any other 306 models use the same pump?
Posted 20th Aug 2018 at 11:29
miki4

Regular

Post #4
I would prime the pump first. Before attaching the aux belt, turn it by hand several times to get some fluid through.
Posted 20th Aug 2018 at 13:19
Nose

Senior User

Post #5
noise in p/s/pump's can sometimes be caused by air leaking air, just double check any hoses for split/cracks and all connections are tight. I've known of 2 of our customers who had noisy p/s pumps which was caused by a split hose.

Bianca 306 Rallye.
Mondeo Titanium X.
Posted 20th Aug 2018 at 13:34
goldfish

Junior User

Post #6
It’s not leaking anywhere, but I will check the hoses etc on the weekend. Thanks gents.
Posted 20th Aug 2018 at 13:47