displaying posts 26 to 28 of 28

Pages (2): 1 [2]

Author Subject: Not Starting
prparke

Post #26
quote:
[quote="mocinim"]Just had something very simular turned out to be the negative earth leads on the battery
Cables where half bolloxed not allowing enough current to pass to start her but volages where good on the meter
Quick way to.see if its that put a jump cable between the negative and the block (clamp it yo the lifting eye )
I'm having same problem with my GTI 6 turning over not starting replaced fuel pump relay today no joy
Posted 20th Mar 2019 at 21:10
Cjwatson27

Seasoned Pro

Post #27
Was crank sensor on mine

Old pugs don't die they just get faster
Posted 20th Mar 2019 at 21:25
gbryn

Regular

Post #28
I had the crank and speedo sensors plugged backwards!... doh
Had further starting issues, noticed arcing from the exhaust manifold to the bulkead, poor earth connection, added extra earth strap direct from head to battery.
Started fine from cold, but took 3-4 attempts when warm, new cam sensor sorted that out, now starts first time.
Posted 20th Mar 2019 at 21:41

Pages (2): 1 [2]