• No MOT
  • Some service history
  • Cambelt changed: Unknown

Modifications: None

displaying posts 1 to 1 of 1

Author Subject: 1998 Peugeot 306 GTI
wajowasta

Post #1
See ad on ebay auction ends 7days from now. Price is just set here as it wouldn't let me post otherwise.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/183283659580

Low milage as from factory 1998 (S) Peugeot 306 GTi 6 3dr hatchback, 66k miles, metallic red

This is my late father’s car being sold due to probate. Due to my father’s ill health it has not been driven for 4 years, hence it is currently on a SORN and the last MOT was 2014. The car was only used as a second car, which is why it has low mileage.

The car is in excellent condition inside and out, especially for its age. There are, of course, minor imperfections in line with the car’s age and mileage but nothing serious. However, in the interests of openness, I list here the main issues:

The exterior has some discolouration of the black plastic trim due to sunlight and slight bubbling is apparent on some of the alloy wheels (see pics).

The interior is immaculate and only has slight wear evident on the edge of the driver’s seat due to entry and exiting (see pic).

The car was often left on trickle charge with the bonnet slightly open where weather could get in, therefore it is a bit corroded under the hood.
We have had the car inspected by a garage which said that £320 would get it through the MoT, with additional recommended work costing a further £530:

MoT work:

£160 2 x tyres

£70 Battery

£30 Rear compensator valve

£60 MoT Test

Recommended additional work:

£230 Replacement radiator

This was recommended because we were told driving any distance could blow the head gasket.

£155 Front brake pads

£145 Rear brake pads

Whilst not an MoT failure this work was recommended because the brakes are binding.

We have not done this work on the basis that some purchasers may prefer to do the work themselves – such buyers would need to arrange collection as the car cannot be driven legally.

Alternatively, we can arrange to have the work done at the local garage where these quotes came from.

Please note:

If you want the work completed by our local garage before you collect the car:

The above costs are only an estimate.

All additional costs will be at the new owner’s expense and added to the final auction price – so please bear this in mind when bidding.
Posted 20th Jun 2018 at 17:52