1998 Peugeot 306 GTi 6

• 2000cc
  • Red
  • 112,000 miles

• No tax
  • No MOT
  • Full service history
  • Cambelt changed: Unknown

Modifications: Standard, bar rear spoiler and aux head unit.

displaying posts 1 to 5 of 5

Author Subject: 1998 Peugeot 306 GTi 6
Matc201

Post #1
Reluctant sale of our GTi 6 that’s been in the family for nearly 19 of its 20 year life.

- 1998 R reg in Diablo Red
- 112,000 miles
- MOT until May 2019
- Stacks of paper work
- Still pulls in all the gears and is great fun to drive.

First registered in April 98 and bought by my parents in August 99, it’s been in the family ever since and the only reason it is for sale is that my dad (current owner, I’m selling on his behalf) is moving house and doesn’t have enough space in his new garage.

It is completely standard, bar the rear spoiler and aux head unit (original unit will come with the car), it has been well cared for all its life and has been garaged for a large part of it (although it is currently on my drive).

MOT certificates and every tax disk since 2000 have been kept along with mountains of paperwork for everything from new tyres through to a new gear knob.

It had an engine rebuild in December 2012 following a timing belt failure at 92,335 miles and was rebuilt again in October 2013 at 92,797 miles after not being satisfied it had been done right the first time; there’s certainly no knocking and now it pulls as well as it ever has and is an absolutely joy to drive!

Inside the car it still looks great considering its age, the drivers seat has been reupholstered so is as good as new. The only negative is part of the steering wheel is starting to wear.

Outside the car does show a few signs of its age, there’s the odd little ding, scratch and some stone chips on the bonnet. Sadly the wing mirrors have recently started to lose their lacquer but overall it still looks great given its age.

It has just had an MOT and new brake pipes fitted, there were advisories for new disks and pads but that was all.

Its a great car but sadly we can’t keep it in the family any longer so it’s for sale for £1,800.

Happy to answer any questions or provide more photos (can’t figure out how to add more), please message for more info.

Cash/bank transfer preferred, car located just outside Shrewsbury.

Pics at https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/peugeot/306/peugeot-306-gti-6-16v----------------1998/8740228
Posted 8th Jun 2018 at 21:31
rudolf

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
What has it towed?

S Reg Diablo standardsSpec SORNED
R Reg Nile standard spec written off then repaired
X Reg Astor in need of TLC
R Reg Nile to restore
Set of Lions to fit.
Posted 9th Jun 2018 at 22:14
Matc201

Post #3
Hi rudolf, it was used to tow a trailer and go kart about 10-15 years ago. As you can see in the pics (on piston heads) it's detachable, it will come with the car.
Posted 10th Jun 2018 at 10:21
jord294

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Messaged you through gumtree

FRESHLY RE-FURBISHED GTI BEAMS
FITTING AND LOWERING AVAILABLE.
ALL AXLES BUILT USING GENUINE PEUGEOT PARTS

IF I'M NOT HERE, IT ONLY MEANS ONE THING.... I'M SOMEWHERE ELSE!
Posted 10th Jun 2018 at 14:27
Matc201

Post #5
SSTC
Posted 11th Jun 2018 at 22:03