displaying posts 1 to 6 of 6

Author Subject: Engine does not feel right
Flatoutfarr

Junior User

Post #1
Guys

I am racing my 306 in the 750 MC series. I am having my backside kicked by the Saxos in the Production class. With me in it, the car weighs 1033KG whereas the Saxos are circa 900 kg or just above depending on how much roll-cage is in the car ! They only have 129bhp, max. I have poly carb windows to the side and rear hatch. I have to cut some more metal out of the doors and hatch. I really need a fibreglass bonnet and hatch. Anyone know where I can get these, if anyone makes them anymore.

According to the info I had when I bought the car, It had fast road cams in it and an ECU re-map on the Peugeot ECU. It revs to 7000rpm cleanly, starts OK, no nasty noises etc but it doesn't even pull like it has it's original power.
The engine has 155,000 on the clock but the previous owner who had the cams etc installed overhauled the head at the time.

Any ideas out there ??
I am going to get a compression test and leak-down test done to see if there is anything in-toward. The engine does not burn any oil.

Adventure before Dementia !!
Posted 23rd Apr 2018 at 06:44
3rd time lucky

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
First thing I would do is get it on a rolling road. Do a power run. Go from there. The mileage shouldn’t have anything to do with the condition. It’s more down to maintenance and care than it is mileage. Keep us updated please Thumbs up

DIABLO GTI-6 - Legend - NILE GTI-6 - Sold
CHERRY GTI-6 P1 SUPERCHARGED - Broken up
BLACK RALLYE - Sold
205 Dturbo xud9 work horse - Dead
CHERRY RALLYE - new toy
Posted 23rd Apr 2018 at 08:09
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #3
Cams may not be dialed in correctly.

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 24th Apr 2018 at 07:50
demondriverdan

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Looking at your laptimes from Brands I'd say something is a little off. With a standard engine in I was getting 57s around the Indy which I'd expect you to be not that far off.

Leak down and compression tests will help. I'm guessing you've done oil and filter, fuel filter, plugs etc.?

Rallye Race Car
Posted 24th Apr 2018 at 17:25
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
Maxi motorsport will sort you out with fibreglass items
Posted 24th Apr 2018 at 17:41
fatlapit

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
Compression and timing check

Posted 24th Apr 2018 at 18:53