displaying posts 1 to 1 of 1

Author Subject: gear selector problem?
craig903

Regular

Post #1
Hi all, I have a 5 speed hdi box and something doesn't seem right with 5th. you can select 5th and then you can push the gearstick to the right a tiny bit and that allows you to bring the gear stick back all the way to the point just before going into reverse except you still in 5th gear.

For people who know the gear box the actual selector on the gearbox ( the one with the big ball on top) you can pull it out bringing 5th/reverse inline and then select 5th gear by pulling it to the left. once its manually in 5th you can pull the selector out away from the box a little more and then it allows you to twist the selector all the way to reverse gear freely except it stays in 5th unless you either return it back to 5th position to which you can then return to manual or push it all the way straight into reverse without even returning back to neutral.

I've put the box into a gti'6 but to me its not a linkage problem and I don't have a hdi to see what the stick actually does. I think something has broken in the box personally.

208 GTI Owner
Turbo'd '6 project - work in progress
Posted 31st Mar 2018 at 10:05