displaying posts 1 to 8 of 8

Author Subject: Injector O rings failed?
Kenan

Regular

Post #1
Just been installing the engine top mount washer that was missing and decided to try and find the source to a sucking noise I was sure I could hear.

I have identified it to the first injector, if I put rotational pressure on it the sound goes away so I assume the O ring is leaking.

How easy are these to replace? I assume I just need to take the fuel rail off, pop out the injectors and then change all the O rings while I'm at it.
Posted 10th Mar 2018 at 20:19
miki4

Regular

Post #2
Yes, easy peasy job. Big grin Just unplug the injectors, disconnect the fuel lines, remove the bolts fixing the fuel rail to the manifold and wiggle out the injectors out of the manifold so you can get the fuel rail out as a unit. It's easier to disassmble this unit on a table than on the car.

Consider revising the injectors while at it. That means taking out the old filter baskets, cleaning the injectors in a ultrasonic bath (actuating them several times) and flushing them with carb cleaner in reverse direction of flow and then the right way round. After that you can put everything together with new filter baskets and o-rings. Clean the surfaces where the o-rings sit and put some vaseline on the o rings so they go in nicely and don't twist.

These vids are helpful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2sD5UsOnJs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rk0tKtiVic

I used a syringe without the needle for flushing them. The injector fits nicely with its o-ring in one side and the spray tube of the carb cleaner can fitted perfectly where you usually put the needle on.

As soon as you put the fuel rail unit back together, remember to adjust the injector pintle caps so the two sprays hit both intake valves.
Posted 10th Mar 2018 at 21:02
Kenan

Regular

Post #3
Cleaning the injectors is beyond me to be honest, just want to stop the leak.

Where would I be best to get the o rings from?
Posted 10th Mar 2018 at 21:13
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #4
MrInjector can supply the O-rings, he's done quite a few Weber IW204 services, if you aren't relying on the car its probably worth getting them cleaned and new seals and filters fitted professionally, its about £65 iirc with the new seals and return postage, or about £15 for a seal kit.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 10th Mar 2018 at 21:26
miki4

Regular

Post #5
Bought my revision kit from MrInjector. Can recommend him. Just had to reuse the old pintle caps as the ones from the kit only had one hole like for an 2 valve per cylinder head. They aren't wearing parts anyway. If you want to get them reconditioned professionally but need your car, you could get a spare set of injectors and send these to MrInjector. Probably Ryan (aka pug_306) will have some for sale. He also has an eBay shop.
Posted 10th Mar 2018 at 21:37
Kenan

Regular

Post #6
One last question... am I right that its a IW-204 injector?

Thanks for the help guys
Posted 11th Mar 2018 at 14:56
eliotrw

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
That sounds right to me

Ex- Phase 3 China GTi-6 T-Reg
Posted 14th Mar 2018 at 08:08
Kenan

Regular

Post #8
This is the seal kit MrInjector recommended for just the injector seals -

https://mrinjectoruk.co.uk/Chrysler-4-cylinder-fuel-injector-seals-145mm-seals-P2158566.aspx

All fitted and the car feels better straight away (could all be in my mind .. )
Posted 16th Mar 2018 at 21:30