Author Subject: From daily drive to track car
foot

Senior User

Post #101
blandy wrote:
Cars looking great, shame about the engine issues though
How did you find the bc coilovers

thanks mate!
I'm running GAZ Golds now not BC's so cant comment lol but the Golds are about 1000 times better than the GHA's on track anyway they seem maybe a little harsh for road driving but then still useable
Posted 11th Jan 2023 at 06:45
foot

Senior User

Post #102
spend a morning working on the car yesterday and made some progress working out what's needed to get the Brembo calipers and bells and rotors to work together.

Untitled by Tom Foot, on Flickr

just need to machine up some 2mm thicker spacers to allow clearance between the top edge of the disc and the caliper
while I do that the calipers are going off to Godspeed for a referb and a replacement set of rotors will be ordered. ill most likely have the bells cleaned up and re anodized too.

then i made a start on getting the heat shielding down to start to process of cutting the hole for the Satchshift to go in

Posted 13th Jan 2023 at 12:24
hovis16

Seasoned Pro

Post #103
Looking good mateSmile

Ph2 Black GTI 6!

EX black 6 owner
But now a Black caged rallye owner

Hunting for Go faster bits!

SEARCH

click here
Posted 14th Jan 2023 at 11:28
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #104
foot wrote:
spend a morning working on the car yesterday and made some progress working out what's needed to get the Brembo calipers and bells and rotors to work together.

just need to machine up some 2mm thicker spacers to allow clearance between the top edge of the disc and the caliper Thumbs up
while I do that the calipers are going off to Godspeed for a referb and a replacement set of rotors will be ordered. ill most likely have the bells cleaned up and re anodized too.

then i made a start on getting the heat shielding down to start to process of cutting the hole for the Satchshift to go in

Fantastic update Tom and good luck with the Satchshift they are amazing and well worth the trouble of fitting Thumbs up
Posted 14th Jan 2023 at 14:48
foot

Senior User

Post #105
Day666 wrote:

Fantastic update Tom and good luck with the Satchshift they are amazing and well worth the trouble of fitting Thumbs up

thanks mate! i really hope so!

unfortunately didn't get any time to do work on the car this weekend as the house and BMW took all my time Thumbs down
Posted 15th Jan 2023 at 21:17
foot

Senior User

Post #106
minor update really

got the calipers and fresh bells and rotors back from a refresh

following this I made the decision to sort out the lower rad support as it was fairly pitted with surface rust. This escalated to stripping the entire drivers side both strut tops and other bits of the engine bay

while that was drying etc I started putting some of the sensors onto the freshly built engine. along with all new exhaust studs and nuts

also received all of the brackets and bits back from powder coating

Posted 4th Jul 2023 at 17:15

Pages (5): first .. 3 4 [5]