displaying posts 1 to 8 of 8

Author Subject: Turret type Short Shift/ Metal gear linkages
Charlie@gti6

Regular

Post #1
Hi guys, im after a turret type short shift for my 6 track build. And also any metal gear linkages like the Miles ones.
Preferably anyone near Colchester essex/essex area. Or willing to post as well Thumbs up Cheers guys.
Posted 5th Jan 2018 at 17:48
adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
I wouldn't bother with the shifter - they're a mega pain in the arse. Just get the linkages and good engine mounts

Nothing to see here
Posted 5th Jan 2018 at 22:39
Charlie@gti6

Regular

Post #3
Haha when you say pain in the ass is that to set up or is it to do with them slipping? Iv read cpuple of times people saying they slip. I assume the gear stick drops down the turret?
If someone has a second hand one there happy to sell cheap then il have a play haha
Posted 6th Jan 2018 at 01:16
adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Yeah and they don't feel great. If you can figure out the best place and weld then it works, but the hassle is more than it's worth

Nothing to see here
Posted 6th Jan 2018 at 17:56
Charlie@gti6

Regular

Post #5
Oh right, alot of mixed feelings on these then haha. Im only looking for one as someone i was talking to at a trackday with his 6. Said he thought it was great having the shorter gear throw. Yeh i though about getting it all in the right place and then one or two strong tack welds, which is something i can easily do myself. But i definatly want the solid gear linkages. And about thousand other parts needed haha
Posted 7th Jan 2018 at 19:11
Cjwatson27

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
You still after one I have miles linkages and a quick shift fitted the throw seems quite short and precise, Might be looking at selling in a fortnight or so

Old pugs don't die they just get faster
Posted 5th Feb 2018 at 19:58
Charlie@gti6

Regular

Post #7
cheers mate but already bought some other linkages and a quickshift of someone on fb. Smile
Posted 2nd Mar 2018 at 15:55
Cjwatson27

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
No worries can’t afford a satchshift now anyway :-(

Old pugs don't die they just get faster
Posted 2nd Mar 2018 at 17:10