displaying posts 1 to 6 of 6

Author Subject: re race car build loom
topcon@indigo.ie

Post #1
Im just starting a new race car build and have decided to go gti6 this time, i bought a 309 gti with a running gti6 i have the engine out just getting the head skimmed and will then replace all seals rings and bearings. Im putting the engine and running gear into a 205 shell i have but i have removed the dash and will just run a race dash so i will connect all the sensors directly so the question is how much loom can i get rid of. I just want to power the ecu and have minimum wiring in the engine bay as it only causes hassle. So is the ecu powered from the big relay that the fuel pump is run from
Posted 4th Jan 2018 at 22:59
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #2
use the 309!!

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 4th Jan 2018 at 23:43
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
If you buy the correct race dash you can get rid of 80% of the standard wiring but can still keep some depending ?....that’s what most seem to do on here !

(I’d personally take the lot out on a new build full race car and make my own basic loom !!!!)

The DTA Ecu with DTA new race dash just plug in like some better ones ....then you need to set up for each sensor ...

I’ve got rid of 60% of my loom ....mine still has basic standard loom for indicators/ tank/ standard Dash etc

standard clocks Only for MPH

I have Stack small dials for = RPM/ oil pressure/ volts /oil temp / fuel level/ ..

..maybe Race dash in the future for data logging my Stack dials are pro models that store some info also go any colour you choose if you to Min / Max setting with a Alarm ...Have a look at Dans thread DemonDriverDan he says about some of what your asking and uses a race dash for what it’s meant for Thumbs up
Posted 5th Jan 2018 at 06:55
topcon@indigo.ie

Post #4
quote:
[quote="Day666"]If you buy the correct race dash you can get rid of 80% of the standard wiring but can still keep some depending ?....that’s what most seem to do on here !

(I’d personally take the lot out on a new build full race car and make my own basic loom !!!!)

The DTA Ecu with DTA new race dash just plug in like some better ones ....then you need to set up for each sensor ...

I’ve got rid of 60% of my loom ....mine still has basic standard loom for indicators/ tank/ standard Dash etc

standard clocks Only for MPH

I have Stack small dials for = RPM/ oil pressure/ volts /oil temp / fuel level/ ..

..maybe Race dash in the future for data logging my Stack dials are pro models that store some info also go any colour you choose if you to Min / Max setting with a Alarm ...Have a look at Dans thread DemonDriverDan he says about some of what your asking and uses a race dash for what it’s meant for Thumbs up

Thats the plan ive got rid of the easy stuff already lights indicators , im running a race tank so no sender just want to get rid of the stuff im not using if i can power the ecu as im using my own water temp and oil pressure sender as well as tacho also will run direct for oil temp. so if i can clear away most of the wires. the question is can i just power the ecu and leave it stand alone with if yes where is it powered from the relay block that has the fuel pump relay in it.
Posted 5th Jan 2018 at 09:23
demondriverdan

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
I built my own loom after I attempted to cut down a standard one and went a bit too far! Most of my data comes from the ECU through my data logger and into the digital dash so the loom is pretty much just lights, wipers, ECU power, etc. I have a distribution board with permanent live and ignition live with various relays and stuff set up

Rallye Race Car
Posted 10th Jan 2018 at 16:28
fatlapit

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
If you use a dta ecu with canbus theres only a few wires you will need with a decent AIM dash like a strada as it can be ran nearly completely wireless. Hell weve even got wireless paddle shift kits at work for a proper snap off steering whell. Wiring up dashes are very time consuming and old fashioned. Not to mention the weight u can save

Posted 10th Jan 2018 at 23:00