DESCRIPTION UPDATED JUNE 2018:
Have owned this car since February 2014, and in that time it's had a fair bit done to it. The previous owner gave me a whole stack of history going back to 2000, including MOTs, invoices for services, parts etc. Cambelt and water pump both changed earlier this year. Service history goes up to 2016, at which point it failed an MOT on a number of electrical faults and I had to get a new car for commuting to work. My housemate, who isn't a mechanic but is a pretty competent mechanical engineer, set to work getting it back on the road and fixed it's various issues (dodgy wiring behind a cracked bumper, all now replaced). He annoyingly hasn't kept receipts for a lot of the parts he's bought and fitted, but has given me a list of what's been done in the last year:
- New brake discs and pads all round
- Front calipers rebuilt
- Oil change, oil filter, fuel filter, air filter
- New cat back exhaust (standard)
- New catalytic converter
- New anti roll bar links
- New front wishbone bushes
- Alpine motorised flip front tape stereo with mp3 aux in (adapted to work with steering controls)
- Replacement front door speakers
- New front fog lights
- Pressed license plates
- Brake fluid replaced
- New Toyo Proxes tyres on front, new tyres on rear but can't remember the brand
- Replacement seat cover for worn driver's bolster.
- New cambelt and water pump.
UPDATE #2 AUGUST 2020:
Car has now had the following things done:
- New cylinder head and head gasket to stop the usual engine tap.
- Sanding down and repainting of roof due to lacquer peel.
- New Lambda Sensor.
So as far as I know, everything now works as it should with the exception of the A/C. Just had a new MOT, so it'll be sold with a full year's ticket. Pictures available upon request. Available for collection from Southampton, please email me for more info.
Price: £2200 ONO.
Currently looking to sell a 1997 306 GTi 6