displaying posts 1 to 1 of 1

Author Subject: Advice on wiring removal-alarm, central locking
paulgt

Post #1
Car is a phase 2 GTi-6 and I'm in the process of removing excess wiring from inside the car but there's a couple of things I need to check:

Iv unplugged all the wiring from the alarm box and have an orange wire which goes to a plug and a yellow wire which disappears into the door.
I assume I can cut these two wires out.

Under the base of the rear seats there's another black box which I think is the central locking module, can all the wiring be removed for this? There seems to be a load of earth wires here aswell so can they be removed too?

I'm only wanting to open the car with the key in the door so alarm/central locking not needed at all.

One last thing, can I remove the immobiliser completely? And would I need an unlocked ecu to do this?

306 GTI 6 Track Car in the making....
Evo 5 GSR 360bhp....for now
Posted 17th Sep 2017 at 13:49