displaying posts 1 to 7 of 7

Author Subject: gti6 conversion question
topcon@indigo.ie

Post #1
Hi i have put a gti6 in a 309 all is good have it running but cant get the oil pressure guage working i fitted a 205 sender in the block and have the 30b wire going to the sender but what voltage should i see at the sender as i have a very low voltage. also in my gti6 loom i have no vss plug any ideas.
Posted 28th Aug 2017 at 12:56
fatlapit

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Give miles horne a ring at pug racing dude

Posted 28th Aug 2017 at 15:39
bigbadbowen

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Do you need the speedo sensor plug ? If so you need to get a sensor that has the electrical plug and the mexhanicall part as well - I forget which car it comes from ??
Posted 28th Aug 2017 at 17:04
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #4
earth the wire to the block and see if the gauge goes to the top.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 28th Aug 2017 at 19:29
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #5
you say you have no vss plug, do you mean its missing and the wires are dangling? if so you need a white 3 pin jpt plug, same as the tps so easy to find in a breakers.

or is the sensor missing in the speedo drive? theres lots of dual mechanical and electronic type vss's on ebay as used by the s16 but not exclusively.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 28th Aug 2017 at 19:32
topcon@indigo.ie

Post #6
welshpug! wrote:
earth the wire to the block and see if the gauge goes to the top.

i did ground it and nothing this is my concern where all the other sensors i got working i would have thought i would have about 5v at the end of the wire. i took it striaght from the dash 30b wire
Posted 28th Aug 2017 at 20:16
topcon@indigo.ie

Post #7
welshpug! wrote:
you say you have no vss plug, do you mean its missing and the wires are dangling? if so you need a white 3 pin jpt plug, same as the tps so easy to find in a breakers.

or is the sensor missing in the speedo drive? theres lots of dual mechanical and electronic type vss's on ebay as used by the s16 but not exclusively.

i have the part for the gearbox got that but on my loom i dont have the vss cable its not there only noticed when i had the whole loom installed.
Posted 28th Aug 2017 at 20:17