displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: Setting ride height
miki4

Regular

Post #1
Hi guys,

regarding unequal weight distribution in a chassis, is it better to set the ride height so it is the same on the left and right side with the car on the ground or should it be equal when unloaded? I'm going to refurb my rear axle soon and want to use the dummy damper method to set the height the same on both sides. But assuming you had some heavy bricks fixed forever on one side in the boot, would you do it the same way? I'm thinking of the handling aspect.
Posted 31st Jul 2017 at 17:24
marksorrento205

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Set it the same on both sides.

How to do a clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url & =
Posted 31st Jul 2017 at 19:38
adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Depends if it will only ever have one seat

Nothing to see here
Posted 31st Jul 2017 at 21:30
miki4

Regular

Post #4
The car is mainly stock, has full interior and I mostly drive alone. It came to my mind because I will rearrange my subwoofer, amps and other stuff in the boot all to the right side so there's more room for grandma's shopping. With 40-50 kg it is not much and if no one will tell me to do it else I will use the same dummy damper on both sides.

But I want to understand how you would adjust the ride height in a race car for optimal corner weight. As far as I understand it it is important to optimize that for good handling _at least in a race car_. But how would you achieve that if you have unevenly distributed masses in your car? I guess it is better to have the car sit evenly on the ground by adjusting the suspension on each corner independently rather than having the suspension set up the same but the chassis hanging down on one corner because you have a bag of cement glued right on top of one strut. Or is that crap?
Posted 1st Aug 2017 at 02:43