displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: **GROUP BUY** 6 speed gear knob cap
deeturbo

Regular

Post #1
Hi,

I've been looking in to alternative ways to replace the cap on the gear knob.

I have found a place that can make it out of aluminium and they will engrave them like the original ones.

There is a minimum order of 25.

Would anyone on here like one?

Price is looking to be around £30, the more ordered the lower the price.

I'm thinking, to get the satin finish you get on the originals to have them vapour blasted before painting the numbers and lines.

The main down side would be that these might get hot in the sun?

What are your thoughts?

What the originals looked like new.

Posted 10th Jul 2017 at 14:05
gnrlee Forum Admin

Post #2
the original ones were plastic with metal coating and also got very hot as do most of them across the range of cars,
I drive all manor of cars for a living and i'm very surprised I don't have scarification from the hot days LOL

if you could get one made up or show another one from another car they have made it might help your case,...
but if people are going to go to the effort of making sure they have the 6 insert then they'll be sticklers that want original ones! Sad

Proud Member of the ASTOR Owners Club
Posted 10th Jul 2017 at 14:23
alcon

Senior User

Post #3
a brand new original 2403K1 just sold on French ebay for £25. They are rare but do come up now and then if you keep your eyes peeled. Probably more folks on here need an original gear knob as most are devoid of leather these days!

1999 GTi-6 (china blue)
1999 Rallye (black)
Posted 10th Jul 2017 at 16:45