displaying posts 1 to 13 of 13

Author Subject: Phwoooar!! Nice Maxi (dimma)!!
oliverharveyuk@hotmail.co.uk

Regular

Post #1
Wow!

Dream car, if only I had the cash... Dunno

Also very nice 6

98 Blaze 6 - Current
Posted 5th Apr 2017 at 21:57
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #2
Meh

not a maxi, its a stickered up dimma.

would have been ok a few years ago, but its been messed with and can't be logbooked without a new cage, and its about 10k overpriced.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 5th Apr 2017 at 16:53
RallyeRed

Regular

Post #3
It doesn't claim to be a maxi.
He calls it a replica and explains it's Dimma origins in the ad.

Agreed the cage is a shocker, but 99.9% wouldn't care whether it could be log-booked or not.

Would expect to see something a bit more special for brakes and chassis for that sort of money unfortunately. Unless you were hellbent on steel wings you could build something considerably better for much much less.

All the same, why not give it a go and see how much it does fetch?
Posted 5th Apr 2017 at 18:19

Regular

Post #4
I would have thought as long as the wishbones/subframe were done well and the front wheels wernt just spaced out the rest sounds like it would make a great car, I'm guessing if you wanted a 'true' maxi the sky's the limit to what it would cost...

98 Blaze 6 - Current
Posted 5th Apr 2017 at 18:23
RallyeRed

Regular

Post #5
The thing is Oliver if you took away the Dimma steel panels, what have you got? A tidy starting point for a track day car in need of a new cage.

There's quite a few normal width cars around either in ownership or that have been for sale, that fetch anything between £2.5-4K with a similar or in some cases better spec. There's nothing wrong with Brembo V6' callipers and Gaz dampers as such but maybe at £16k you might expect more?

It all means that steel wings seem a bit pricey when you assess the £12k difference in price between the actual specs of similar built cars that aren't Dimma/Maxi reps.

Maxi Motorsport body kit (or other sources) will run less than £1800. You can do a proper Bridgecraft rear trailing arms for £250, Tubular wishbones at £380, rack extensions are £30, Drive shafts approx £250, and the worlds your Oyster for wheels but even new will come in at less than a grand. Throw some paint on it and your sorted for a lot less than the £12k difference.

As I say depends how much you want to value steel wings? If you were tracking it I think you'd be better off with carbon kevlar at a fraction of the weight and cost.

I'm putting my money where my mouth is and doing it and it won't be costing me anything like that. I'd rather have Bridgecraft wide track trailing arms than rear spacers for starters. I don't think that OMP map light adds much value for me Wink It doesn't even have a decent diff..

Anyway like I say he may find a buyer who likes it. The value is what someone is prepared to pay. I'm not criticising his car, only the price he's put on it. It would be a good buy at £5-6k and a good starting point for a build.

And yes you're right; a genuine Maxi is another level altogether and the best part of £100k or more depending on history. And then after you turn the key the real bills start wracking up...
Posted 5th Apr 2017 at 19:13
mocinim

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
Could you buy this for less if someone had put it all together e.g you paid to have it done on your own car

BLACK RALLYE - phoenix
WHITE RALLYE - valliant

http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/

https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history
Posted 5th Apr 2017 at 20:09

Regular

Post #7
Yeah I guess in the sense that without the bodykit and decals etc it would just be a very tidy and well modified s16 with the 110k on the clock and all those mods I would say maybe 5-6k so 10k for the rest I guess is allot but a paint job, labour and parts etc I wouldn't be suprised if (you couldn't do it yourself) that you wouldn't be far off that 10k...

98 Blaze 6 - Current
Posted 5th Apr 2017 at 21:53
Chr1sch

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
Must admit that is one crazy looking cage
Posted 5th Apr 2017 at 23:21
superchargedblack1997gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #9
It's a very nice car and maybe he will get the price, but when you look at Olivers Dimma which to be fair has a much higher spec he wanted 20k. Mine with carbon panels is lighter the price is the convenience of just buying the car and driving off. Like Wp says though the cage won't pass scrutineering. I like the car but 16ks worth I'd hope for a bit better spec myself. But good luck to the seller

Super high boost Completed, destroyer of gearboxes and 160mph club
Posted 6th Apr 2017 at 10:34
fatlapit

Seasoned Pro

Post #10
the world has gone mad

Posted 6th Apr 2017 at 12:22

Regular

Post #11
I just love the idea of ragging a car like that round the b roads of where I live then pulling into tesco for a snack and to fill it up again for another blast...

98 Blaze 6 - Current
Posted 6th Apr 2017 at 13:15
RallyeP6

Regular

Post #12
Yes WOW!, I see what you mean. Why aren't all these Dimmas driving around in the sunshine instead of being tucked away somewhere.
Posted 6th Apr 2017 at 13:24
Twangy

Senior User

Post #13
bit optimistic with the price , but good luck to the seller , but wouldn't value it no where near that price

wayne mcardle
Posted 6th Apr 2017 at 19:37