displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: Refitting ARB Bushes
RetroPug

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Long story short, I removed the ARB clamp brackets entirely when replacing the bushes in order to paint them and now I'm wishing I hadn't bothered.

I've tried for quite a while to get the brackets hooked into the subframe and I'm simply not able to due to lack of space/new bushes pushing outwards etc.

I've the option of trying again but this time with borrowed lever/pry bars and trying to lever them into place, or from searching around on here a few members have simply undone the rear subframe bolts, loosened the front ones and dropped the rear of the subframe a bit for more access.

Any tips or opinions on what the best method would be to get the brackets hooked in? I can get them in fine when there's no bush in there but the bush is too obstructive and large essentially. I'll also try greasing it up as well.

61k miles Ph.1 Diablo '6 Project Thread
Posted 13th Mar 2017 at 11:45
mocinim

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Loosen the rear subframe bolts drop it down a little i used a steel bar and a bearing puller to squeeze it down to get the bolt in once hooked
And fairy up liquid instead of grease !washes of easy after the loobing and insertion Thumbs up Smug

BLACK RALLYE - phoenix
WHITE RALLYE - valliant

http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/

https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history
Posted 13th Mar 2017 at 11:53
barrym

Senior User

Post #3
Sorry if I read this wrong but it should be easy to hook them in, the hard part is getting the clamp down far enough to get the bolt started. But even that is relatively straight forward with the right pry bar. Never had to touch the subframe.

You are hooking them in before bolting down yeah?

China D Turbo HDi daily charger
Black Rallye occassional toy
Posted 13th Mar 2017 at 19:22
RetroPug

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Yes. It is not easy to get them hooked in when the bush is under them though. The passenger side has more access and this is now hooked in wih the bush correctly located. Ran out of time before getting the bolt through but that should be okay with the g clamp.

I don't own a pry bar. I will invest in some soon. No idea if it being a ph.1 changes any of the accessibility or subframe geometry at all but it is a right PITA to get them hooked in, and my friend who was helping me agreed!

61k miles Ph.1 Diablo '6 Project Thread
Posted 13th Mar 2017 at 19:59