displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: Track day tyre wear Nurbugring
matt16v

Regular

Post #1
Considering doing one of the Destination Nurburgring track days next year. I imagine it'd be a bit harder on the tyres than the tourist sessions as it's cars only, limited numbers, open pitlane so you get the huge straight.

Car is standard Inc engine other than the Bilstein B12 kit and 21mm bars.

My question is around tyre wear. Do you think it would be possible to do the whole trip and track day on one set of new road tyres before setting off? Was thinking of using a good road tyre like PS3''s

1999 Astor Grey GTi-6 OEM+
Posted 15th Feb 2017 at 01:07
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
It all depends how harsh you are on the tyres on the track. You should be fine to get the trip out of a set of fresh tyres Id have thought as long as you're not purposefully scrubbing the tyres on the trackday.

Goldie the track car.
Posted 15th Feb 2017 at 06:06
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #3
they do sell tyres in Germany you know...

I wouldn't go tracking it with fresh tyres, you'll most likely overheat and murder them, far better off with some half worn Tyres and replace them if you do finish them off.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 15th Feb 2017 at 10:07
matt16v

Regular

Post #4
That was the answer I was hoping for! Definitely a place that rewards smooth driving so it sort of encourages you to not be a twat and ruin your tyres.

Yeah I figure I'd put 1000 miles or so on the new tyres to bed them in.

My main worry was getting cyclones balanced properly if I were getting new tyres fitted over there, although that sounds like an awfully good excuse to get some new wheels, don't you think?

1999 Astor Grey GTi-6 OEM+
Posted 15th Feb 2017 at 16:53