displaying posts 1 to 6 of 6

Author Subject: Red rallye work in progress
cdeery1

Post #1
Bought this car recently for a measly sum of money. The chap didn't need it, sat on his drive and needed to go. It came with a full history and folder of invoices, 2 keys, HPI clear, 3 prev owners etc
First impressions it needs a bootlid. Bar that some general tidying. I've sourced some front seats to repair my own, need to collect these soon. Got a 'hockey' clip to sort out the front bumper trim. Have ordered all the service items required including a clutch cable. Replaced the missing button in the keyfob and got some new stickers from rikky here. I gave it a wash today and a general tidy. I've booked it in with the guy who does my detailing for a correction to see if he can help the tired paint in areas, he will replace the decals whilst with him aswell. Bar that il be tidying as I go along. Here's some snaps from today

Posted 21st Jan 2017 at 18:19
gwyn rallye

Regular

Post #2
Looks clean. A ph3 rear wiper would improve the back end. I saw this a few years back in Bangor (N.Wales) and put an 'I Spy' post up. Tell me, why do cars over in N.Ireland have number plates with that font? Is it standard fit?

Bianca white 306 Rallye
Arctic blue Clio 182 FF
Alpine white 205 1.9 GTI
Posted 26th Jan 2017 at 22:49
cdeery1

Post #3
gwyn rallye wrote:
Looks clean. A ph3 rear wiper would improve the back end. I saw this a few years back in Bangor (N.Wales) and put an 'I Spy' post up. Tell me, why do cars over in N.Ireland have number plates with that font? Is it standard fit?

ok il have a look for a wiper, didnt realise that. because the bellend that bought it decided they looked nicer than the supplying dealer plates, i hate that stupid metro font! ive been trying to find out what dealership sold it so i can get a correct set of plates and window sticker made up.Thumbs up
Posted 27th Jan 2017 at 08:00
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
I bought one from a Pug dealer as the original was broken, wasn't that expensive IIRC.

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 27th Jan 2017 at 16:20
cdeery1

Post #5
mik wrote:
I bought one from a Pug dealer as the original was broken, wasn't that expensive IIRC.

Trouble is im not sure what dealer supplied it
Posted 27th Jan 2017 at 17:38
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
I meant the rear wiper.

Ref the supplying dealer, I thought i saw a pic of the service book etc on your DW thread? Is it not mentioned in some of the documentation? Also, if you've had a HPI check done it might mention it in there? I can't remember about he HPI and can't check as I don't have access to my documents at present.

Also, you could request information from the DVLA. I did this years ago with a 1987 Audi quattro and even got a scan of the original docs with the dealer stamp on them.

You can also find on the internet the location where it was first registered using the VRN. It has been posted on here before.

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 28th Jan 2017 at 07:55