Post #26
thata half what krs charge.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 19th Dec 2016 at 18:57
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #27
With good reason, it's not just the material in the parts, it's making all the jigs and having them reversable so you can make sure they're spot on match side to side. There's as much work in a set of jigs as there is in the parts for a one-off.

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 19th Dec 2016 at 21:45
gnrlee Forum Admin

Post #28
With all these wide arch projects coming along there's definitely scope to get a kit put together! Roll eyes

Proud Member of the ASTOR Owners Club
Posted 20th Dec 2016 at 11:42
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #29
yeah, which is what Satchell and a few others do already LOL

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 20th Dec 2016 at 13:19
cj-gti6

Senior User

Post #30
What's wrong with the kit we've had made up???

99/S Carbon Gti-5
Posted 20th Dec 2016 at 13:26
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #31
cj-gti6 wrote:
What's wrong with the kit we've had made up???

Nothing Chris Thumbs up it's top notch stuff m8 ....I think what some have said is it's expensive but the best stuff always is & who am I to judge anybody ...I'm more stupid than most for buying top end stuff & spending £20k on a £1k car LOL
Posted 20th Dec 2016 at 14:20
gnrlee Forum Admin

Post #32
welshpug! wrote:

I was thinking more in house! and not for the cost of a Bentley, and not a waiting list and long as my waiting list for panels LOL

as Damo has said these 306's are like little kit cars by today's standard of car and provide a great starting base! but most of us don't have £££ to throw at them but do want to mod them and get a decent amount of power from them for fun! if I had £20k to throw at a car there are plenty out there better than a 306 to throw it at!

and there are hardly any of you out there that don't know how much I live for the 306 LOL

Posted 20th Dec 2016 at 17:20
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #33
not seen any 2k bentleys worth buying...

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 20th Dec 2016 at 17:46
Twangy

Senior User

Post #34
gnrlee wrote:
welshpug! wrote:

I was thinking more in house! and not for the cost of a Bentley, and not a waiting list and long as my waiting list for panels LOL

as Damo has said these 306's are like little kit cars by today's standard of car and provide a great starting base! but most of us don't have £££ to throw at them but do want to mod them and get a decent amount of power from them for fun! if I had £20k to throw at a car there are plenty out there better than a 306 to throw it at!

and there are hardly any of you out there that don't know how much I live for the 306 LOL

will get a mate of mine ray sherratt to give a price on making some for you dave for when you do yours , and some for rallyered , hes a top bloke and one clever one at that , was head engineer at RED , rally engineering development and MCD, google the above and youll see who he ran , any one with rally knowledge should know every driver mate

wayne mcardle
Posted 20th Dec 2016 at 18:27
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #35
Twangy your a legend Thumbs up

Dave Brilliant base car Yes

Sadly ....I wouldn't change anything & would do it again if I had the chance as I've enjoyed every minute of upgrading my car ...I'm hoping next year to really enjoy it by visiting Other tracks & having some great fun with people I've met & haven't on here Thumbs up

It's still makes me smile when I'm flying past some tasty toys

(I'm mad I know ) but I don't think £20k in 3years is that bad seeing as my daily is a (dirty derv that cost me £450 ) & has cost me £127 in 6 years in repairs & does 55mpg Thumbs up
Posted 20th Dec 2016 at 18:46
Cjwatson27

Seasoned Pro

Post #36
welshpug! wrote:

Poor mans roller

Old pugs don't die they just get faster
Posted 20th Dec 2016 at 18:51
Cjwatson27

Seasoned Pro

Post #37
welshpug! wrote:

Poor mans roller

Old pugs don't die they just get faster
Posted 20th Dec 2016 at 18:53
gnrlee Forum Admin

Post #38
welshpug! wrote:

nor have I,... Roll eyes

but after you've thrown stupid amounts of money at parts the costs add up!
when you could have had an 400bhp Elise for £11.4k

there you have £2k on parts that shouldn't cost more than a few £100 what's so different tecnology wise to these? here's an example they don't look a million miles away and note the price!

my point is that we shouldnt have to be throwing £20k-£30k to get to where we want with our 306's
which is exactly where we are going to be paying prices like that!

i'm in it for the fun of it not because I don't have better places to put my money!
this is by no way a pop at anyone who wishes to throw that sort of money at their cars but i'm sure there are cheaper and much more realistic prices we could get this stuff sorted!

Posted 20th Dec 2016 at 20:20
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #39
why shouldn't they cost more than a few hundred quid?

you're not looking at direct replacement standard fit stuff, its a full setup with a subframe and hubs.

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 20th Dec 2016 at 20:23
gnrlee Forum Admin

Post #40
Day666 wrote:

(I'm mad I know ) my daily is a (dirty derv that cost me £450 ) & has cost me £127 in 6 years in repairs & does 55mpg Thumbs up

should have fixed it yourself lazy sod wouldn't have cost you half that! LOL

Posted 20th Dec 2016 at 20:23
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #41
comparing the cost of building something to an used modified car is foolish, its very obvious that car will have had significant amounts spent on it.

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 20th Dec 2016 at 20:24
gnrlee Forum Admin

Post #42
welshpug! wrote:
why shouldn't they cost more than a few hundred quid?

you're not looking at direct replacement standard fit stuff, its a full setup with a subframe and hubs.

come on lad!

it's a set of standard hubs refurbished
get a battery charger do the refurb challenge! Youtube Vid
theres a vid somewhere of a lad on here that did the hubs just cant find it right now!
new bearings £80?

that sub frame,.. would looks good but I don't think it's something that most of us with an angle grinder and a mig welder couldn't do? and few scraps of steel?

that setup looks to be fully adjustable so i'm right in saying that you could dial it in to exactly where you wanted it yeah?

Posted 20th Dec 2016 at 20:41
gnrlee Forum Admin

Post #43
welshpug! wrote:
comparing the cost of building something to an used modified car is foolish, its very obvious that car will have had significant amounts spent on it.

your missing my point!,... why?
why should a modified car have had so much thrown at it? there are ways and means to getting where we want to be without paying someone an extortionate amount for not a lot!

I thought I was on a forum with a bunch of likeminded built not bought people so why is there even talk of paying 2k for a couple of cleaned up re-worked parts some tubing and some rose joints,..

granted i'm no Colin Furze but I bet i'll get to where I want to be for much cheaper with the same or better quality for a lot less than your talking! Shock

i'm not going to all the effort of trying to get the panels sorted getting them right and try keep the budget down so that people can try push it back up the costs to eye watering levels!

between us all if we worked together I know there are some bloody talented people here we could knock this out of the park! without the need for bragging rights of who went where!

lets get this f**ker sorted! LOL

Posted 20th Dec 2016 at 21:00
superchargedblack1997gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #44
To be fair yes you could get them done cheaper but why skimp, Colin in my eyes has justified the cost to me you look at his 205 it runs essentially the same setup other than a tubular subframe. £2k is a lot but when you look at what the peugout sport bits cost it's not bad value. If I had the time expertise to make them I would mine are in the midst of being fitted along with a six pot Ap racing brake setup. Price doesn't really matter to me but the quality of the parts do?and as you say fully adjustable to suit my setup.

Super high boost Completed, destroyer of gearboxes and 160mph club
Posted 20th Dec 2016 at 21:00
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #45
have you actually looked at the price on the krs page? doesn't even include hubs and its 4.5k.

colins hubs aren't just refurbed.

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 20th Dec 2016 at 21:05

Seasoned Pro

Post #46
To be fair though every £ I spend now I do wish I'd just bought the 911 turbo I wanted but I'll never sell my Rallye. I agree that I'm mad for spending the money I spend!

Posted 20th Dec 2016 at 21:06

Seasoned Pro

Post #47
The Krs kit doesn't include hubs because it uses proper Maxi hubs that I own a pair of the trouble is you need all the maxi front end to use it all and you won't get any change from £10k!

Posted 20th Dec 2016 at 21:08
gnrlee Forum Admin

Post #48
I don't think skimping is whats meant by my posts simply More bang for buck! without paying for the name!
I believe we know people on this forum or have links to others that could do just as good a job

I've always been about trying to do new and different things it's not rocket science it's pushing a set of wheels out a few inch and increasing the strength

Posted 20th Dec 2016 at 21:09

Seasoned Pro

Post #49
I wasn't being a Rude saying skimping mate . I'm sure they can be knocked out for cheaper and yes I'm paying for the Satchell name. To be fair if you buy the Dimma kit it's £1200 so that's £800 cheaper straight away? I bought the kit as it was available I'm not for a moment saying everyone should buy it as you say strength and geometry have been looked at here hence why we changed to 406 hubs but that adds expense as the usual brake kits don't fit!

Posted 20th Dec 2016 at 21:12
Twangy

Senior User

Post #50
superchargedblack1997gti6 wrote:
The Krs kit doesn't include hubs because it uses proper Maxi hubs that I own a pair of the trouble is you need all the maxi front end to use it all and you won't get any change from £10k!

if youve got the maxi hubs why did you not get wishbones made to suit and everything else modified to suit , eg struts , shafts , steering arms , they are only like a mag groupA upright , could of got that done easly

wayne mcardle
Posted 20th Dec 2016 at 21:18

Pages (5): 1 [2] 3 .. last