displaying posts 1 to 7 of 7

Author Subject: Door Strap
Kenan

Regular

Post #1
I'm after a door strap, the type with the separate pin if anyone has one.

Peugeot don't make them anymore Dunno
Posted 12th Dec 2016 at 19:13
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #2
I call balls on that, neither phase 1-2 or phase 3 are marked nfp, more likely your parts man can't be arsed.

9181 73 DOOR STOP - UNTIL RPO 08210

9181 E5 - SINCE RPO 08211

9181 63 DOOR STRUT PIN

can't remember what the specific difference is, the fixings are the same and the receiver bolted to the shell is the same part too.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 12th Dec 2016 at 21:19
Kenan

Regular

Post #3
I gave him the part numbers from another thread and he took payment details etc then called back later to say they were no longer available :/

I could try another dealer out of interest
Posted 12th Dec 2016 at 21:35
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Why do you need a new strap? Mine had just retracted itself into the door and I pulled it out again, and it just took a new roll pin inserted to return it to full function.

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 13th Dec 2016 at 14:11
Kenan

Regular

Post #5
Hi Mik, when operating is it making a loud cracking noise. Enough for everyone to be looking over . . . If I get change I'll strip the door and have a look but assumed it was dead.
Posted 13th Dec 2016 at 19:24
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
Before I put a new pin in there I tried a nut and bolt. Worked well for a few days, but started making a loud crack-crack noise when opening the door as you describe, as the soft-ish bolt got battered.

I bought a correct OE roll pin from Pug and put it in there and it was quiet as can be. So could be just a knackered roll pin - try replacing it first.

Also, I tried a later fixed pin type of check strap but the hole in the door was a different size and I couldn't get it in. So you need the same type if you do need replacement. If I'd only tried the new roll pin first I would have saved a lot of time and effort.

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 14th Dec 2016 at 11:52
Kenan

Regular

Post #7
mik wrote:
I bought a correct OE roll pin from Pug and put it in there and it was quiet as can be. So could be just a knackered roll pin - try replacing it first.

Thanks Mik, tried a new PIN and the sound is now gone Thumbs up
Posted 23rd Dec 2016 at 10:42