displaying posts 1 to 16 of 16

Author Subject: Manifold help
manthos

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Can someone please let me see there power curve before and after fitting a 4-2-1 manifold onto there N/A engine I would like to compare the difference between standard and 4-2-1 preferably maniflow.

Thanks

Team SUPERCHARGED

Ninja I LIVE FOR THE 306 Ninja

Old Project thread

Clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url =
Posted 9th Dec 2016 at 13:28
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
manthos wrote:
Can someone please let me see there power curve before and after fitting a 4-2-1 manifold onto there N/A engine I would like to compare the difference between standard and 4-2-1 preferably maniflow.

Thanks

(My personal opinion) Don't Go wasting your money m8 ......unless you have some serious work done to your Engine you won't really notice anything ...
I have run a maniflow 4-2-1 on my standard engine with DTAs40 & Jenveys with 8 injectors & on the dyno minimal difference Thumbs down
Not worth it unless your after ever bit of power as I was ....just lighten your car more Thumbs up

I used it again with Sandy on my N/A race engine & helped a little ?
Then bought a Sandy / Edwards motorsport system & 8-12bhp happened THATS LOADS on my OTT full race Sandy firebreather & noticed Midrange smoothness ...but at £900 & it's been made for my Engine one off LOL
You decide Whistle

If it ain't broke leave it be Thumbs up
Just my experience using them on standard & race n/a Engines

Posted 13th Dec 2016 at 07:43
manthos

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
I'm going against te grain with my low boost as I am going stand alone ecu I know that the standard manifold is better for power and a 4-2-1 will lose a little powere but if it gives more torque and driveability then that is a benefit as I can increase the power with the ecu anyway as I will be putting a larger restrictor ring in and increasing the fuel to cope.

what I am trying to figure out is if changing the manifold will give me any better torque figures or if it is generally going to be a waste

Team SUPERCHARGED

Old Project thread

Clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url =
Posted 9th Dec 2016 at 17:37
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Sorry I can't help you with Supercharger stuff as I've had no experience personally of them & Manifolds Thumbs down

I do know people have said cams don't really work ....I'll leave this Manifold question for someone else into S/C s
Posted 9th Dec 2016 at 17:41
fatlapit

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
Wont effect a low boost as the stock ex mani is more than good enough.

Posted 9th Dec 2016 at 19:17
fatlapit

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
Best person to speak to is proberly rich

Posted 9th Dec 2016 at 19:18
demondriverdan

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
I went from a 4-2-1 back to standard manifold and lost 0.1hp at peak but gained some midrange, I'll try and find the graphs when I get home.

The whole exhaust system was different though, I'm guessing that will affect the result as well.

Rallye Race Car
Posted 12th Dec 2016 at 16:13
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
Again not a direct comparison but in my experience

My 306 with jenveys,satchel manifold and otherwise standard engine with a 4-2-1 made 195bhp

Same rollers this time my 205 gti6 with jenveys, satchel manifold, Newman ph2 cams but standard reangled gti6 manifold on same rollers made virtually same power

Needless to say a 4-2-1 is going on my 205 this winter
Posted 12th Dec 2016 at 18:51
stan_306gti6 Forum Admin

Post #9
My supercharged car is using a standard manifold to create over 450bhp, don't need to change it mate.

"Supercharged - 454.1bhp/317.5lb/ft"
Peugeot 306 GTi-6
2000 (X), Moonstone Love
Posted 12th Dec 2016 at 21:52
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #10
stan_306gti6 wrote:
My supercharged car is using a standard manifold to create over 450bhp, don't need to change it mate.

nothing in your post quantifies whether its worth changing or not, just because you're forcing 1 bar of air through it and making 450 bhp doesn't mean he couldn't gain a reasonable amount with it, especially if its designed specifically for that application.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 12th Dec 2016 at 22:05
manthos

Seasoned Pro

Post #11
quote:
nothing in your post quantifies whether its worth changing or not, just because you're forcing 1 bar of air through it and making 450 bhp doesn't mean he couldn't gain a reasonable amount with it, especially if its designed specifically for that application.

This is exactly my point Welshpug you understand me completely, I am fully aware that the standard manifold is more than capable of big power I believe Rich has had 540bhp through a standard one
I am not chasing bhp I do not mind if putting a 4-2-1 on loses me a bit of power if I gain torque and driveability because I am going standalone ecu with larger restrictor ring so any bhp I lose I will gain when mapping the fuel, timing etc to match the larger restrictor ring (I have had several restrictor rings made up all at 0.5mm increase incriments to experiment with whilst mapping the new ecu.

Team SUPERCHARGED

Old Project thread

Posted 12th Dec 2016 at 22:53
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #12
you need to speak to someone like Mike edwards of Edwards mototsport and explain what youre upto, he can make a mamifold to suit.

I've seen a 20 bhp gain on a tu5j4 engine that sandy worked on and mike made a manifold for, mild spec making a respectable 170 bhp on bodies with cams pistons a bit of head work and a raceland manifold, which on milder tune engines is a well proven unit especially for the £170 they were!!

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 12th Dec 2016 at 22:59
manthos

Seasoned Pro

Post #13
Thanks mate, I hold my hand up and say I am not as knowledgeable as most on here especially yourself welshpug but if the standard manifold is best then that will stay I am just asking questions that have not been asked or tested as far as I am aware because I am going again the grain already by putting a stand alone ecu on a low boost but I can see the benefits and to me it is more important and worth it than going high boost. what I'm trying to figure out is if it will give me a better torque/power delivery lower down the revs making it more beneficial on track.

hope I make sense and am getting my point across

Team SUPERCHARGED

Old Project thread

Posted 12th Dec 2016 at 23:06
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #14
if designed and fabricated properly i cant see why not, just need to do all the sums now...

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 12th Dec 2016 at 23:13
manthos

Seasoned Pro

Post #15
welshpug! wrote:
if designed and fabricated properly i cant see why not, just need to do all the sums now...

This is something I have no idea where to start. I wanted to see the graphs to use that as an idea and to provide to the mappers and they would then be able to hopefully use the information to figure out whether it's worth it or not.

Team SUPERCHARGED

Old Project thread

Posted 13th Dec 2016 at 00:48
peder_306

Regular

Post #16
Stock block
Stock head with adjusted intake cam
48mm ITBs
4-2-1 SS exhaust manifold
RichW flywheel
5.23 FD
195hp@7800
195Nm@6500

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TE-HdaRal0Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xnKqNcQwIbU

On my old mi16 I did a custom exhaust manifold and exhaust with airfilter.
162hk on a untouched engine since 1989.

Im going with a 4-2-1 for my highboost engine Smile

Peugeot 306 Dimma Coupé.
Posted 13th Dec 2016 at 07:34