1999 Peugeot 306 Rallye

• 2000cc
  • Red
  • 113,100 miles

• No tax
  • No MOT
  • Service history unknown
  • Cambelt changed: Unknown

Modifications: Black Mask Headlights, 16" Pro race 1.2's and Roller bearing wishbone bushes, solid crank pulley, braided brake lines.

displaying posts 1 to 13 of 13

Author Subject: 1999 Peugeot 306 Rallye
martinh

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Following on from my recent 'whats it worth thread' here is a for sale thread!!

1999 Cherry Red Rallye, Covered just over 113k, the mileage shown in the photo will increase a little as I need to drive it home from where it was mot'd.

Fairly standard example with the only modifications being black masks, 16" pro race 1.2, solid crank pulley, braided brake lines and roller bearing wishbone bushes.

Reluctant sale but I'm realistically not going to use it anytime soon with an expanding family, a partially renovated house and not enough hours in the day!

Ive owned it for around 3 years, bought it off the forum with head gasket failure so at that time and roughly 500 miles ago the headgasket, valve stem oil seals, cambelt, waterpump, exhaust manifold gasket, aux belt etc etc was replaced.

I think I have receipts for the parts but the machine work was done cash in hand by a very well respected engineer.

Mechanically it is in very good order and drives/pulls as it should.

The paintwork in my opinion is what lets it down a little, the front end, roof and side skirts have faded and there is lacquer peel on the o/s/f wing and a couple of small spots on the roof, I have tried to photograph this as best as I can but it is quite hard to get it to show up in photos! We all know that Cherry Red is common for this so shouldn't be much of a surprise!
There is no panel damage and bodywork is extremely straight, maybe the odd tiny tiny pin dent but really is in brilliant nick for 17ish years old.

The interior is in excellent condition as the photos show, it will be shown a hoover before it goes but I ran out of time today, there is currently no head unit fitted but if required I'm sure I can find an old one if required so you would have at least a radio for the way home!

There is a genuine Peugeot centre section and back box fitted which has covered around 3-400 miles and was bought new by me from Peugeot.

There will be spares that go with it:
Xsara VTS phase 1 steering rack
Cyclones x5 with varying condition tyres, none of them anything special though. +16 standard wheel bolts
Pair of crystal headlights
An engine under tray which would require some tlc
A proper decat pipe.
I have got 4x195/50/15 tyres that are legal which the new owner would be welcome to if desired.
An airbox which needs a rub down and re-paint plus a bit of pipework
A pattern centre section with scorpion stainless steel backbox welded to it (would prob need to be cut to fit it in?!)
+ Any other 306 related items I find!

Has fairly extensive history, stamped upto 96k then receipts from then on, there is a good folder full of paperwork.

Has a category 1 alarm and immobiliser with 2 fobs (1 needs a battery)

Just thinking as I'm writing and there is no spare wheel cage fitted, didn't have one when I got it.

In my whats it worth thread I said I suspected the radiator was weeping, I have now changed my mind to thinking it may be the heater matrix, The reason I have changed my mind is when I turned the fans on full to help clear the screen everything misted up and there is a slight smell of coolant and after a bit of reading on here it sounds like that's matrix, there is no noticeable wet patch in passenger footwell so may be unrelated but that's what I think it probably is!
The radiator I believe to be the original one which in all honesty could do with changing in the not too distant future but is not currently leaking.

I have taken several photos to try and show the paint imperfections, I did struggle to capture it so please don't turn up expecting a minter paintwork wise.

Any specific questions please ask and if there any specific photos required I'll do my best to oblige!

Posted 25th Nov 2016 at 06:43
martinh

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Am I being ambitious on the price?!
Posted 23rd Nov 2016 at 20:56
mocinim

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
martinh wrote:
Am I being ambitious on the price?!

No !!! If its a quality example 2k is about right
The usual ebay rebuild projects go for 13 to 14 but therecon ebay for a reason at that price

You will need to wait for that price usually but if its worth it genuinely
Then youll get it

One chap on here just spent 1800 on having the rear end rebuild !!!!

BLACK RALLYE - phoenix
WHITE RALLYE - valliant

http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/

https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history
Posted 23rd Nov 2016 at 21:13
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Agree that 2k is about right for a good car.

The cheaper ones need a good 2 grand plus spent on them to get up to this standard.

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 25th Nov 2016 at 09:51
coffeecup

Post #5
If you want a better price, post when cambelt was done. (ooh 500 miles ago)
Also has the rear beam been done?

Tbh stick the cyclones on it, and sell your alloys on ebay.
Posted 25th Nov 2016 at 23:05
mocinim

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
coffeecup wrote:
If you want a better price, post when cambelt was done. (ooh 500 miles ago)
Also has the rear beam been done?

Tbh stick the cyclones on it, and sell your alloys on ebay.

Agreed would look better with cyclones and youll 250 to 300 for those wheels if there good n stright

BLACK RALLYE - phoenix
WHITE RALLYE - valliant

http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/

https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history
Posted 26th Nov 2016 at 00:55
darrengti

Regular

Post #7
Hi Martin. Messaged you on eBay as membership has run out on here. I'm definitely interested. Cheers. Darren
Posted 3rd Dec 2016 at 19:16
martinh

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
Replied mate, my e-mail account had been putting the eBay emails in the spam folder so hadn't seen the message!
Posted 3rd Dec 2016 at 19:32
darrengti

Regular

Post #9
Thanks Martin. I need to speak to KTec about my Megane before I can sell it. It's got s**t loads of their parts on it but I got no service history with it. If they can replace it should add some value. Unless you want a 280bhp 225 Trophy?? I'll keep in touch. Darren
Posted 3rd Dec 2016 at 19:35
martinh

Seasoned Pro

Post #10
Ideally after a cash sale mate, space required and the funds would come in handy!
Posted 3rd Dec 2016 at 19:39
darrengti

Regular

Post #11
With you on that. I can't stand some of the rubbish I've been offered in the past as PXs. I should know more about mine early in the week. You then know what it's like selling cars this close to xmas. I do have the cash too, just don't want two cars on the driveway!
Posted 3rd Dec 2016 at 19:42
martinh

Seasoned Pro

Post #12
Fair enough mate! That viewing I was on about had been confirmed for 2pm tomorrow so I will keep you posted!
Posted 3rd Dec 2016 at 19:48
martinh

Seasoned Pro

Post #13
Car is now sold, going on Tuesday.
Posted 4th Dec 2016 at 17:00