displaying posts 1 to 25 of 59

Pages (3): [1] 2 3

Author Subject: I've been rear ended!
ale624

Regular

Post #1
Hi guys,

Have had a wonderful day today, the highlight of which was getting rearended at some lights by a bellend in a range rover.

Not sure I want to go through insurance as my rates are high enough as it is!

Anyone have any idea what something like this is going to cost to get fixed?? Not sure if the bit that holds the boot latch in is one peice that comes out or if it is part of the frame?!

EDIT: It seems that I can't attach a picture from my phone...
Here is an imgur link: https://imgur.com/a/ZYPNe

Posted 23rd Oct 2016 at 17:55
ale624

Regular

Post #2
It should be noted that his big lump did not even have a scratch!
Posted 23rd Oct 2016 at 17:50
3rd time lucky

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
These days, the cost of repair will be into the £1000's. I wouldn't even accept £500 cash if you want it repaired properly.

DIABLO GTI-6 - Legend - NILE GTI-6 - Sold
CHERRY GTI-6 P1 SUPERCHARGED - Broken up
BLACK RALLYE - Sold
205 Dturbo xud9 work horse - Dead
CHERRY RALLYE - new toy
Posted 23rd Oct 2016 at 18:04
ale624

Regular

Post #4
Yea, I was thinking as much. I would likely be financing this myself.

Still considering going through insurance, but I'm not sure how this will affect the premiums on both my pug and my mx5...
Posted 23rd Oct 2016 at 18:07
malo225

Regular

Post #5
Surely the repair should be taken care of by the other party
As it was not your fault should not affect your NCB
Posted 23rd Oct 2016 at 18:14
RetroPug

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
I'd be wanting to go through insurance as well, however they will probably want to write the car off and turn it into baked bean tins rather than fix it unfortunately.

61k miles Ph.1 Diablo '6 Project Thread
Posted 23rd Oct 2016 at 18:17
Ben_W

Formerly gpm

Post #7
Accident not your fault. Put it.all through his insurance. Don't involve yours unless you really need to. As it wasn't our fault, you can demand they put you back.in.the position.you were pre accident.

Its a bit of a s**t to fix as the panel that goes between the lights is NFP and I'm.not sure if tere are any knocking about. Id be checking your boot floor too.

Cherry Red Rallye .... On going OEM spec resto

China Blue GTi6 .... Weekend toy

Black 208 GTi .... Wife's car now

Silver BMW 550i.... The executive missile

Posted 23rd Oct 2016 at 18:22
Ben_W

Formerly gpm

Post #8
Be needing a new tailgate too. Biggest issue with repairing this will be locating panels.

Cherry Red Rallye .... On going OEM spec resto

China Blue GTi6 .... Weekend toy

Black 208 GTi .... Wife's car now

Silver BMW 550i.... The executive missile

Posted 23rd Oct 2016 at 18:24
fatlapit

Seasoned Pro

Post #9
Ure personal injury claim is worth more than the car

Posted 23rd Oct 2016 at 20:43
mocinim

Seasoned Pro

Post #10
Go through there insurance dont inform your own demand full repair it is your right doesnt matter what crap they come up with
They need to replace n repair
If they refuse to pay for repair get three quotes and all the crash detail and take it to small claims make sure you take documentation of them admitting fault they probably wont even show up you get an auto win and get paid the bailiffs go after them to secure funds Smile
In addition i have a freshly painted ph2 rallye (from a rallye ) tailgate identical to your own cherry red going spare for £50 obviously will need collecting
Pm me if your interested chap cost alot more to have it painted it is mint Smile
Just the tail gait n glass the other bits have been stripped off

BLACK RALLYE - phoenix
WHITE RALLYE - valliant

http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/

https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history
Posted 23rd Oct 2016 at 21:09
roland rat

Yeeeah Rat fans!

Post #11
I know of a red rallye tailgate in Bristol for sale dude if any good to you?
Posted 23rd Oct 2016 at 22:29
ale624

Regular

Post #12
mocinim wrote:
Go through there insurance dont inform your own demand full repair it is your right doesnt matter what crap they come up with
They need to replace n repair
If they refuse to pay for repair get three quotes and all the crash detail and take it to small claims make sure you take documentation of them admitting fault they probably wont even show up you get an auto win and get paid the bailiffs go after them to secure funds Smile
In addition i have a freshly painted ph2 rallye (from a rallye ) tailgate identical to your own cherry red going spare for £50 obviously will need collecting
Pm me if your interested chap cost alot more to have it painted it is mint Smile
Just the tail gait n glass the other bits have been stripped off

that's the way i'd prefer to go at this point, however he didn't give me any of his details bar his phone number and Reg, supposedly all i need to do is to ring up my insurance company and tell them to track his down.

i have my dad as a whitness who was in the lane next to me, the dude admitted fault and just said "i though you pulled away..." Angry

i realllyyy cant afford for this to go on my insurance record, i pay a f**kton to drive the thing as it is!
also, it is probably going to be considered a write off, which i really dont want, there's only about 150 of these left on the roads!

managed to track the panel that is damaged part number down but as said above it is NFP. will give my local Peugeot a ring and see if they can track one down Sad
(its 724384 if anyone was wandering.)

i'll see about getting some quotes from some company's near me.

i would be interested in that tailgate! i'll PM you Smile
if you are too far away then Rolan i'll PM you haha

s**t happens eh!
Posted 24th Oct 2016 at 01:00
mocinim

Seasoned Pro

Post #13
Best get down the local scrap yard with an angle grinder bud just go chop one out take it home and then cut it carefully and get it welded in the floor pan if bent can be pulled or hammered back into shape
Get a local body shop to help

BLACK RALLYE - phoenix
WHITE RALLYE - valliant

Posted 24th Oct 2016 at 01:04
ale624

Regular

Post #14
mocinim wrote:
Best get down the local scrap yard with an angle grinder bud just go chop one out take it home and then cut it carefully and get it welded in the floor pan if bent can be pulled or hammered back into shape
Get a local body shop to help

Cheers, i might end up doing just that!

need to figure out what i'm doing Smile

i'll have to get it painted profesh obviously.
unless i decide to buy up a couple colour matched spray cans from halfords LOL
Posted 24th Oct 2016 at 01:15
rikky 🦔

Post #15
work off the assumptions that there is always something bent other than what you can see. my gti6 was really light nsf corner damage and repaired it myself but required more work than originally thought. was hard work lining panels up. stuff moves that you don't originally notice

i'd be going through insurance tbh

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 24th Oct 2016 at 09:42
3rd time lucky

Seasoned Pro

Post #16
I'd be getting a neck brace on and claiming. Where there's blame, there's a claim.

BLACK RALLYE - Sold
CHERRY RALLYE - new toy
Posted 24th Oct 2016 at 10:12
oliverharveyuk@hotmail.co.uk

Regular

Post #17
I had a numpty bump into me in a car park and went the insurance root, did bump my premium £200 though and it was only a 1.4 seat ibiza at the time. You have to add the not at fault accident to future quotes aswell.

But I did get 1100 from the other insurers as a write off, kept the car and kicked out the dent happy days Smile Obviously not what you want to be doing...

I thought the most you can be expected to be given from the insurers was the value of the car, that you stated when you accepted the insurance policy? That might be wrong just what I assumed.

98 Blaze 6 - Current
Posted 24th Oct 2016 at 10:19
mocinim

Seasoned Pro

Post #18
oliverharveyuk@hotmail.co.uk wrote:
I had a numpty bump into me in a car park and went the insurance root, did bump my premium £200 though and it was only a 1.4 seat ibiza at the time. You have to add the not at fault accident to future quotes aswell.

But I did get 1100 from the other insurers as a write off, kept the car and kicked out the dent happy days Smile Obviously not what you want to be doing...

I thought the most you can be expected to be given from the insurers was the value of the car, that you stated when you accepted the insurance policy? That might be wrong just what I assumed.

I have all mine insured on classic insurance so they get individually valued if this situation ever occurs however this shouldnt stop the other driver's insurance paying for all repairs regardless they dont need to know the value just the repair cost

BLACK RALLYE - phoenix
WHITE RALLYE - valliant

Posted 24th Oct 2016 at 10:36
gnrlee Forum Admin

Post #19
go through the insurance mate,.. unless he's going to buy you a new GTi-6 and compo? to the value or more than you would get through insurance?

you have a lot more to gain through the insurance!
you'll get injury plus the money for your car (which i'll tell you i'm sure by 99% they are going to write off!)
with the money buy another GTi6 keep the GTi written off for 10%ish of the payout transfer the parts you want to keep to the new GTi-6 Break/Fix Sell the Damaged Gti and you'll still be £££'s in

the insurance will be recorded as being in an accident but a non fault so shouldn't affect your premiums
they can't do you for being rear ended when stationary

Good luck with what ever you choose to do Thumbs up

Proud Member of the ASTOR Owners Club
Posted 24th Oct 2016 at 11:50
ale624

Regular

Post #20
gnrlee wrote:
go through the insurance mate,.. unless he's going to buy you a new GTi-6 and compo? to the value or more than you would get through insurance?

you have a lot more to gain through the insurance!
you'll get injury plus the money for your car (which i'll tell you i'm sure by 99% they are going to write off!)
with the money buy another GTi6 keep the GTi written off for 10%ish of the payout transfer the parts you want to keep to the new GTi-6 Break/Fix Sell the Damaged Gti and you'll still be £££'s in

the insurance will be recorded as being in an accident but a non fault so shouldn't affect your premiums
they can't do you for being rear ended when stationary

Good luck with what ever you choose to do Thumbs up

What injury? I've sustained no injury. my head didn't even hit the seat...

yea, it will be a write off if i go through insurance, I'd get another GTI-6, but i have no where to put the thing, my Rallye would be Cat C/D so it would be harder for me to insure it.

as far as i know, if you are involved in an accident, no matter of fault then it goes on your record and it increases your premiums. I'm only 20! so this will f**king rocket them, and i pay enough as it is now!

its stupid isn't it, i pay so much for insurance but i cant use it or they will gouge me even more!

i'm going to see what a couple body shops say, and if its too much then i will have to go the insurance route.
Thanks for the support, i realize this sounds a bit ranty! its not directed at you! more at the insurance companies.
Posted 24th Oct 2016 at 15:07
3rd time lucky

Seasoned Pro

Post #21
By the time you report the incident, the other dude will probly deny all knowledge. And your only witness may not be allowed as they're a family member.

BLACK RALLYE - Sold
CHERRY RALLYE - new toy
Posted 24th Oct 2016 at 15:15
mocinim

Seasoned Pro

Post #22
3rd time lucky wrote:
By the time you report the incident, the other dude will probly deny all knowledge. And your only witness may not be allowed as they're a family member.

Yea but it be pretty hard denying it if he has his numberplate and phone number unless you have a record as a professional stalker lol

BLACK RALLYE - phoenix
WHITE RALLYE - valliant

Posted 24th Oct 2016 at 15:20
oliverharveyuk@hotmail.co.uk

Regular

Post #23
I would use insurance you pay thousands for it get as much out of them as you can given the opportunity. Do an insurance quote with a non-fault accident I doubt it will raise it massively, as I said I was 23 when someone hit my car and it raised it 200. I still have to state it now but glad I got 1100 out of them considering I've already spent 3.5k on insurance in my lifetime and only used it once.

98 Blaze 6 - Current
Posted 24th Oct 2016 at 15:32
ale624

Regular

Post #24
mocinim wrote:
3rd time lucky wrote:

Yea but it be pretty hard denying it if he has his number plate and phone number unless you have a record as a professional stalker lol

yea, he gave me his business card so i doubt that.

just gave Peugeot a ring and apparently there are 3 dealers with that panel in stock. so i may try to track one of those down, I've got the numbers. depends weather they'll post it to me, or my local Peugeot.
Posted 24th Oct 2016 at 15:35
ale624

Regular

Post #25
oliverharveyuk@hotmail.co.uk wrote:
I would use insurance you pay thousands for it get as much out of them as you can given the opportunity. Do an insurance quote with a non-fault accident I doubt it will raise it massively, as I said I was 23 when someone hit my car and it raised it 200. I still have to state it now but glad I got 1100 out of them considering I've already spent 3.5k on insurance in my lifetime and only used it once.

Ok, yea. not a bad idea. i'll do that now Smile
Posted 24th Oct 2016 at 15:38

Pages (3): [1] 2 3