displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: Black to Diablo reshell
fast_eddie

Regular

Post #1
So I am currently in the process of reshelling my black PH3 6 into a diablo PH2 shell.
I have started various threads about certain bits and pieces re both cars but I thought I would start a proper thread about what Im doing .
Lots of pics will follow but for now, here is where I am:

The Ph2 diablo shell was purchased for £350 from a guy in Oxford a couple of months ago. Its bare apart from bonnet boot, doors, and hatch and all glass and both bumpers. The headlining is still in and half the wiring loom, as the majority of it was chopped off due to the car being prepped for scrapping. The servo is still present along with lines and the fuel tank and lines are in still.
The shell is an ex Ecosse show car with 34k on and it used to house a T16 engine when the gentleman from Oxford bought it and its pretty mint. The T16 engine was removed to be put into a 205 shell in time.

My blck PH3 is has rotted all over and I only took the car off the road for a suspension refresh, lutch and cambelt but the more I prodded and poked, I have found rust everywhere: both front jacking points( the incorrect ones people use a trolley jack on) , lower bulhead , passenger footwell, passenger rear inner sill(under carpet), rear floor seam to light panel(inside)

I never thought about the wiring loom but ph2 and ph3 looms are completly different so I have to remove the wiring loom from the Ph3 and transfer it over to the ph2. Dashbords out of both cars headlinings out of both cars, door looms out of both cars, engine looms out of both cars and air bag looms. I am half way through the above and sometimes wish I hadnt started it at all but I am cracking on lol..
I have also unpicked the TOAD alarm/ immobilliser from the ph2 loom and this will be transfered into the ph3 loom.

I have a few new parts to go on to diablo shell:

Refurbished rear axle
21mm torsion bars
baker bm rear axle mounts
discs
standard pads
Caliper derust and paint

Rich w Lightened flywheel
clutch
clutch arm bushes
driveshaft seals
Baker bm linkages
gearbox oil
cambelt and waterpump
Carbon airbox and filter
oil/filter
Ally radiator

front wishbones and bushes
Droplinks
caliper derust and paint
disks
ds2500 pads
2.4 rack with modified pipes
rack boot
cv boots and re grease

Front to rear brake pipes
Anti rust prep and paint where poss on chassis
Engine bay de rust and paint
brake fluid
coolant

I am also planning the following

Crossmember blasting, welding and powder coating
Antiroll bar blasting and powder coating
Front panel blasting and powder coating
Wheels refurbished

And a lovely mint full s16 interior to go in. Wether or not I choose to use the door cards and switches, to be decided yet!

Pics to follow cheers

Jon

Posted 7th Oct 2016 at 20:02
Cjwatson27

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
I have a phase 2.5 boot and debadged bonnet and grill from rich w ,s car all in Diablo if your interested, plus its. Ice to see a Diablo being saved for once

Old pugs don't die they just get faster
Posted 7th Oct 2016 at 20:24
gnrlee Forum Admin

Post #3
Hey fast Eddie! you're only around the corner from me!
well ish! (yeadon)

but i have a diablo as well as an astor the Diablo may well become a Dimma ESQ track car
sadly all the panels have laquer peel so they wouldn't be any good to you as I gradually change them out!
but if you need my help at least i'm fairly close by!
i'll keep my eyes open for parts local! Wink

Proud Member of the ASTOR Owners Club
Posted 7th Oct 2016 at 21:00
fast_eddie

Regular

Post #4
Nice one thanks guys!
The car is proper tidy , I hope I do it justice in its build!

The car previously had the battery in the boot, does anyone have any pics of that type of install?
There is just a strap fixed to the inner n/s wing left.

Im guessing its run a cable from the +ive side of the battery to the engine compartment and earth to the rear chassis?
Posted 7th Oct 2016 at 21:07