displaying posts 26 to 31 of 31

Pages (2): 1 [2]

Author Subject: Violent gear stick waggling...
Chr1sch

Seasoned Pro

Post #26
So we did the driver side shaft yesterday with including the bearing etc

It was perfect for about 5 mins but when I really threw it into a right handed sadly it came back again Sad

Wishbones are all solid rich w items and appear ok, dampers are 1 track day old, do we think diff?
Posted 9th Mar 2017 at 07:24
3rd time lucky

Seasoned Pro

Post #27
Get yourself another gearbox with diff, swap the diff over. If it's not that, you can sell the gearbox on again. You thought it might be the diff all along so you should try it to put your mind at ease.

DIABLO GTI-6 - Legend - NILE GTI-6 - Sold
CHERRY GTI-6 P1 SUPERCHARGED - Broken up
BLACK RALLYE - Sold
205 Dturbo xud9 work horse - Dead
CHERRY RALLYE - new toy
Posted 9th Mar 2017 at 07:41
Chr1sch

Seasoned Pro

Post #28
3rd time lucky wrote:
Get yourself another gearbox with diff, swap the diff over. If it's not that, you can sell the gearbox on again. You thought it might be the diff all along so you should try it to put your mind at ease.

In an ideal world that's absolutely what I'd like to do but having just moved and taking on th worlds largest mortgage I just can't spend that kind of money at moment :-(

Hence I was praying it was the driveshaft...

If it were the diff, what are the chances of it breaking and being dangerous? (I've got a trackday in just under 3 weeks and as long as I'm at 90% not balls out it is ok) think I can risk it?
Posted 9th Mar 2017 at 09:06
3rd time lucky

Seasoned Pro

Post #29
If there's nothing wrong with the parts you've removed, sell them and recoup some money. A used box should only set you back £100 if you collect. Or maybe Ryan can supply and fit for you...
It would be a shame to feel like you wasted a track day for it.

BLACK RALLYE - Sold
CHERRY RALLYE - new toy
Posted 9th Mar 2017 at 09:24
Chr1sch

Seasoned Pro

Post #30
3rd time lucky wrote:
If there's nothing wrong with the parts you've removed, sell them and recoup some money. A used box should only set you back £100 if you collect. Or maybe Ryan can supply and fit for you...
It would be a shame to feel like you wasted a track day for it.

Yeah i agree in principal but sadly i can't commit the time or money to do that before the trackday, ill have to chance it and see i guess

So frustrating if it is the box, and equally i've no idea if another second hand one will be any good...
Posted 9th Mar 2017 at 11:08
3rd time lucky

Seasoned Pro

Post #31
Tbf, it's much more likely to be the diff than the whole box, as you say. Sounds silly but, try swapping your front wheels around. Never know.

BLACK RALLYE - Sold
CHERRY RALLYE - new toy
Posted 9th Mar 2017 at 12:06

Pages (2): 1 [2]