displaying posts 1 to 6 of 6

Author Subject: fuel pump funnel removal
russbez

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
advice required

it easy to remove? Need it removed to get access to derust the arch.
dont really want to damage anything, do not want to remove whole fuel tank (at the moment)

any do's and dont's?

i have very little fuel in the car just now, imagine i dont really want drop dirt in there
I take it i will be able to seal the fuel tank hole where the funnel meets the tank?
planning using some heavy fling film type wrap to keep dirt etc out

fuel flap looks to be just two 10/13mm bolts?

TEAM HIGH BOOST SUPERCHARGED RALLYE

My Rallye project thread
Posted 19th Sep 2016 at 16:28
Ben_W

Formerly gpm

Post #2
It's easy enough.

Couple of bolts. Iirc you don't need to remove the fuel flap. Bolts hold the neck to the car on the inside of the arch. A seal holds it to the fuel flap opening. Couple of fuel lines to disconnect. Worst bit is disconnecting it from the tank elbow, especially if it's a ph2 with those s**te pinch ring things.....

Just stuff an old cloth or something going the tank opening. If there isn't much fuel in it, I think you'll get away with leaving the elbow attached and just turning it upside down to stop crap getting in.

If you do end up removing the tank, derust the tank strap studs and bolts good and proper first. I sheared a stud taking my tank out. Be fun sorting that.

Cherry Red Rallye .... On going OEM spec resto

China Blue GTi6 .... Weekend toy

Black 208 GTi .... Wife's car now

Silver BMW 550i.... The executive missile

Posted 19th Sep 2016 at 22:25
russbez

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
thanks Ben, planning the tank another time
my bolts for the tank look like they are definitly going to snap Shut up

pinch ring is pretty rotten so will need to replace with decent jublie or something

TEAM HIGH BOOST SUPERCHARGED RALLYE

My Rallye project thread
Posted 20th Sep 2016 at 12:31
mocinim

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Wire brush n recut the thread before you remove the nuts bud will save you all the trouble

BLACK RALLYE - phoenix
WHITE RALLYE - valliant

http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/

https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history
Posted 20th Sep 2016 at 08:46
tvrfan007

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
Ben_W wrote:
It's easy enough.

Couple of bolts. Iirc you don't need to remove the fuel flap. Bolts hold the neck to the car on the inside of the arch. A seal holds it to the fuel flap opening. Couple of fuel lines to disconnect. Worst bit is disconnecting it from the tank elbow, especially if it's a ph2 with those s**te pinch ring things.....

Just stuff an old cloth or something going the tank opening. If there isn't much fuel in it, I think you'll get away with leaving the elbow attached and just turning it upside down to stop crap getting in.

If you do end up removing the tank, derust the tank strap studs and bolts good and proper first. I sheared a stud taking my tank out. Be fun sorting that.

I snapped one on my HDi years ago removing the brace. It still had 1xd of stud left over so i loctited the nut back into place and never had an issue.

I'm Si btw Tee hee

Night Blue VW Golf GTD
Bianca LBSC Rallye - Track/Road Slag Project Thread
Sparkling Silver Mini Cooper D - Super Dooper Superman - (The other half's wheels)
Posted 20th Sep 2016 at 14:00
Ben_W

Formerly gpm

Post #6
russbez wrote:
thanks Ben, planning the tank another time
my bolts for the tank look like they are definitly going to snap Shut up

pinch ring is pretty rotten so will need to replace with decent jublie or something

Peugeot themselves superceeded them with a jubliee clip of some description, think it came un with the change to phase 3

Cherry Red Rallye .... On going OEM spec resto

China Blue GTi6 .... Weekend toy

Black 208 GTi .... Wife's car now

Silver BMW 550i.... The executive missile

Posted 20th Sep 2016 at 14:44