displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: [done] Bilstein B8s or complete struts
miki4

Regular

Post #1
EDIT: Not needed anymore as I bought new items.

Hello,

as one damper in my KW V1 coilovers sadly is broken I am looking to upgrade the front suspension.

I am after a set of Bilstein B8s (front) - or a set of B8s + B6s (front + rear) or complete struts with Eibach -30 mm or H&R -40 mm springs (with or without rear dampers).

Another option would be to replace the dampers inside the coilovers but new isn't an option as they are too pricey! And afaik these are cheap dampers anyway. It needs to be cost effective!

Thank you! Smile
Michael
Posted 9th Sep 2016 at 22:42
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #2
IIRC KW use Koni inserts, so they aren't cheap tat, but like anything, they don't last forever.

What price have you been given to replace the inserts? I believe some can be rebuilt.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 2nd Sep 2016 at 20:32
miki4

Regular

Post #3
Yes, I was afraid they would break sometime but not 5k miles after refurbishing (surface) and fitting. Don't know how the car was driven I took them off. But the coilovers are old.

I also read something about ALKO and no name inserts in German forums but don't know which are fitted in mine (remember, it is a V1, not V2) and which they would sell as replacement. I did not ask yet if they sell inserts seperately for my coilovers but the housing has two holes on the top which look like a special spanner would fit in them to open it:

Trusting some posts one new insert would be about 140 € so two would be 280 and I don't know how long the new ones or even the old rear ones will last. That's the reason why I would prefer to go the Bilstein way.

EDIT:
B6 fronts would also be okay, if they can cope with a 40 mm drop without problems. Can they?
Posted 3rd Sep 2016 at 16:10
miki4

Regular

Post #4
So KW told me they don't sell inserts anymore and I had to change the whole strut. That would be 350 € per side! It would be better if I bought complete new coilovers. W*nkers...
Posted 5th Sep 2016 at 13:52