displaying posts 1 to 13 of 13

Author Subject: 306 Maxi
Ryanennion83

Junior User

Post #1
Right boys I've seen them somewhere but does anybody know of any pre cut strengthening plates for chassis and strut tops???

Also I'm after for rally use a set of brakes and coil overs if anyone has anything suitable in good condition...
Or if anyone has any advice thanks

Thanks!
Posted 9th Aug 2016 at 22:19
jonbb

Post #2
Ryanennion83 wrote:
Right boys I've seen them somewhere but does anybody know of any pre cut strengthening plates for chassis and strut tops???

Also I'm after for rally use a set of brakes and coil overs if anyone has anything suitable in good condition...
Or if anyone has any advice thanks

Thanks!
Hi, I'm sorry for not knowing English and having to go with the translator, I'm jon
The thing is that I have a project similar to yours and I have many problems to do it and I'm lost.
The engine was an xsi and now I'm getting the s16 167cv 6 speed. The rfs.
The thing is that I have to modify suspension shorter because if not the car was very high because of the fins so tall that it has and there is to cover the gap. The problem is that it goes down well but the stick or transmission remain in "v". And what I want is to raise the engine about 2 cm but I thought spinning would also raise the transmission. If you could give me a cable, I would appreciate it
I congratulate you first on the project and a pleasure to meet you.
I am from pays basque in spain.
I have seen or it seems to me in a photo that you have that your transmission of the box comes more arriva or it seems to me.
Apart I want to get cups and put longer blades and longer mangue as some Ford. we are in contact. regards
Posted 12th Aug 2017 at 00:40
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Jonbb your translater is not working well & your posting in wrong areas my friend .

Ryan Can't help with the plates as I made my own 4mm strut tops & welded them on myself with brace attached similar to Satchell design ....

Well I've spoken to Godspeed / Ben who Rally's as well ....about brakes on mine after I convert to 50mm plus Satchell front end ...basically he said He personally uses Brembos similar to 406 ones with bells & Rotors & said they are cheap to repair & easy to get spares for & yes a little bit heavier than some but you won't beat them for (working value) & unless your going to be spending crazy money I wouldn't get much better for 16s/17s ...with 330mm...
He said its more important how big the rotor is with a good Brake Pad & brake fluid...

You may be going to 18s which means you could go to 350s/355mm with Brembos ?????
They will make or supply anything you require ?....but if I was you I would be looking at a cheap Brembo / Ash 330 mm kit with good pads & good brake fluid Thumbs up

Also For my 5p worth ....I do not Rally but I have done regular 11 no stop laps of Bumpy Castle Combe with Ashs Brembo/ 330mm set up with Ferrodo DS1.11 endurance pads & Castrol SRF silly money brake fluid & im running a full Sandy 289bhp race engine with the car around 990kgs then & I never ever had brake trouble & they would pull your face off if you pushed to hard ...but servo assisted then but ABS removed I'd be looking for these with any good brake fluid & endurance pads Thumbs up

I have been told Carbon Lorraine do RC6 in Endurance pad now
Hope that helps & loads of great cheaper fluids ...you know already to use Goodrich type lines also & a bias valve ...PS I use Ferrodo DS3000s on the back with Tarox drilled discs but rallying you use the rears more than I ever would for Tarmac ....

I'm sure Mei / Welshpug can help more than me Thumbs up

Posted 12th Aug 2017 at 09:45
RallyeRed

Regular

Post #4
holy thread resurrection batman - that's a one year anniversary on this Damien!
Posted 14th Aug 2017 at 09:58
gnrlee Forum Admin

Post #5
RallyeRed wrote:
holy thread resurrection batman - that's a one year anniversary on this Damien!

Happy Birthday LOL

Proud Member of the ASTOR Owners Club
Posted 14th Aug 2017 at 10:22
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
Need to get my eyes checked LOL
Posted 14th Aug 2017 at 20:23
barrym

Senior User

Post #7
yeah but it wasn't Day who resurrected it? jonbb actually has a maxi, albeit in s**t state and needs help.

Just need to workout what he is on about. Seems that currently he is running an 8V xsi but will be fitting a 6 speed J4RS engine, but is worried about the front arch gap. Other than that it is anybodies guess.

BTW welcome jonbb

China D Turbo HDi daily charger
Black Rallye occassional toy
Posted 14th Aug 2017 at 21:05
Cjwatson27

Seasoned Pro

Post #8
I think he wants to raise the engine has the gearbox is too low, has he's lowered the car so much to get rid of the arch gap

Old pugs don't die they just get faster
Posted 14th Aug 2017 at 21:12
jonbb

Post #9
Hi. Thank you you have understood me perfectly I wanted to raise a little engine. I do not know if I'm on the right track. I would appreciate help. Thank you
Posted 14th Aug 2017 at 21:26
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #10
barrym wrote:
yeah but it wasn't Day who resurrected it? jonbb actually has a maxi, albeit in s**t state and needs help.

Just need to workout what he is on about. Seems that currently he is running an 8V xsi but will be fitting a 6 speed J4RS engine, but is worried about the front arch gap. Other than that it is anybodies guess.

BTW welcome jonbb

Big thank you for pointing that out Barry ....
PS ...glad to see new people coming aboard but it's going to be some interesting times guessing the questions & Answers to Jonbb Whistle

Welcome to the forum Jonbb ....
Posted 14th Aug 2017 at 23:08
jonbb

Post #11
Gracias lo siento por mi inglés y el puto corrector de Google no ayuda por lo que se ve
Posted 14th Aug 2017 at 23:40
jonbb

Post #12
How we understand each other. Is the fault of the google corrector jejeje but more or less we understand that is clear. The one who wants to understand
Posted 14th Aug 2017 at 23:43
jonbb

Post #13
And thanks for the welcome day666
Posted 14th Aug 2017 at 23:46