displaying posts 1 to 8 of 8

Author Subject: Airbox for Jenveys
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Hi does anyone run a airbox with there throttle bodies? if so how do you find it and also any dyno results. I.e would i loose alot of power by fitting one only reason is to quieten the induction noise down a little to enable me to visit more places
Posted 30th Jul 2016 at 13:39
IvayloPavlov

Regular

Post #2
By the way I am interested too. I see a lot of different volumes in the net. From 4,5 to 22 l+, what will be the best size in your opinion.
Posted 31st Jul 2016 at 07:24
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #3
Probably want to ask someone like sandy

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 31st Jul 2016 at 08:31
gnrlee Forum Admin

Post #4
I'd have thought a box would have resonated the sound of the Throttle bodies?
Would a piper X sponge not quiet them?

Try calling Jenvey up to ask what you're best options would be if they don't know then I doubt anyone else will LOL

Proud Member of the ASTOR Owners Club
Posted 31st Jul 2016 at 09:12
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
The filter above is what I have fitted currently but is very loud, as much as I love the noise it's definitely to loud for probably the majority of tracks with drive by limits and as its a track only car I think I'll have to do something to quieten it down if I want to visit other places

The other thing is after hearing other cars on bodies etc I swear mine is louder this time than my old near identical set up which is strange (although have cams this time)
Posted 31st Jul 2016 at 09:26
pete_rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
Its something I'll be looking into as well, done properly it shouldn't lose you any power. I have the same pipercross filter.

The wilder the cams are the louder it will be, which is kinda obvious but a lot depends on how much overlap you have as that is what generates most of the induction noise.

Reverie do a lot of nice looking airboxes, but you need deep pockets! Carl had some nice gains using one of the maxi style airboxes too, although don't think that would quieten it down at all.

Oulton Park in a BTCC 306 vid 1
Oulton Park in a BTCC 306 vid 2
Lap of the 'ring
Posted 31st Jul 2016 at 09:42
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
That's what I'm hoping as n/a is a lot of money per bhp so don't want to go loosing any if I can help it but also no point having it and not being able to use it lol. My main thing I'm struggling to understand is on my filter I was recommended 20mm clearance from the tip of the trumpet (i have about 40mm) but the boxes I've seen so far are all fairly shallow and more concerning is where the filtration actually gets placed as can't see in my head the point of opening up the airflow to stick a cone filter on the end of the intake pipe - need a bit more research I think

Shame as it does sound awesome

https://youtu.be/ll2CZykf3_I
Posted 31st Jul 2016 at 10:18
hepkem

Junior User

Post #8
using reverie box, dynoed with and without box, box doesn't drop down power so no worries with a good induction box. only down side of my reverie box was trumpet length as you can't taller trumpets inside airbox.

1999 Xsara VTS ITB
Posted 5th Aug 2016 at 14:25