displaying posts 76 to 90 of 90

Pages (4): first .. 2 3 [4]

Author Subject: 205 track car
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #76
i dont know where it came from originally but was built for DJ minis 205.

Unfortunately its designed to fit in the standard location so keeps all the weight on the wrong side. Its a good bit of kit if i could keep more than half a tank full in to stop it leaking lol.
Posted 31st May 2017 at 17:30
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #77
welshpug! wrote:
only just caught the pictures of the tank, that looks awesome, was it a Satchell item?

I know colin has made a few, his is mounted on the left side with a filler in the floor I think, counteract the weight of the driver!

That's what was in the Green car I sold to Supercharger/ Ross great idea that I'm going to copy soon Thumbs up
Posted 2nd Jun 2017 at 17:38
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #78
Also Mr Blandy your cars looking mighty fine & it was great to see you at Combe Thumbs up
Posted 2nd Jun 2017 at 19:47
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #79
I think ultimately that's the way forward especially with moving it to the passenger side but for what it's going to cost to get this one sorted I'll stick a standard in with a external swirl pot as got plenty more to do first.

Yeah was a good day Monday especially with wills 106 comming out in top after the clutch etc.

My plan for now is to get it back mobile whilst I fiddle with this spare engine as after seeing the Combe hot hatch I've got aspirations for that but need a lot more time in the seat before i can think of doing anything like that
Posted 2nd Jun 2017 at 20:24
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #80
Really good luck with hot hatch Thumbs up ....

Yes we took the box off & nut -bolted the centre clutch plate back on as all the rivets had snapped on his Tilton clutch plate Crazy ...never took a 106 gearbox out & apart & quite a lot different...but as you saw we did it & he won Whistle

Hopefully I'll start my tank project in September/ November this year ?
Posted 3rd Jun 2017 at 21:03
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #81
Will be a long time off yet but good to have aspirations - with my current spec I know a very similar spec car does around 1.19-1.20 at combe which I know I'm a long way off yet so practice practice practice is what's needed. Hoping to get car back together over next couple of weeks and get a track day booked
Posted 3rd Jun 2017 at 21:56
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #82
I think your really doing things correct Mr Bland
Just be aware a more powerful engine changes EVERYTHING!!!!
So don't spend to much money on suspension YET ?

I was doing just under 1.17 before I took 80kgs off my car & bought my rear 3ways & 23 plus 25mm torsion bars to try .... I was running 21s with Group A dampers which isn't quite good for my Engine speed & power now ...it WAS to start with ...before Sandys Engine .....& fitted F2000 rear spoiler which I've not tried yet ....

I think Adam B understands what I'm going through Thumbs up ....

It's not the bump damper problem I'm suffering from it's the turn in at speed that compressing my current rear setup at high speed ...I know what I need & it's the Engine that's caused all this ....Will Declaudio has been with me and he said me & this car could do 1.13-1.14 easy it just needs slightly better cornering setup ...the straight line speed is no problem just a little twitchy at 127-130 because of no standard tailgate spoiler...which I could of sorted with a standard spoiler but I went OTT with the F2000...
Yes the big spoiler will cause drag but Sandys Engine will sort that as I have more than enough power to compensate it ....

You saw the size & weight of Will Declaudio Mike LOL ...he's like 10stone & combined with a 106 light car & 230bhp Sandy Engine & amazing driving skills he beat 580bhp cars around Combe with the likes of Gary Peeble equally as good a driver but with heavier car & person ...
Posted 4th Jun 2017 at 14:17
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #83
My suspension at the min for my ability is fine, well I've certainly never felt that it's the week point allthough I've not tried anything better either but for now I can't fault it. The engine is just something I've always wanted to do it will be on hydraulic lifters so won't be to mad just a bit more than I have now + so far it's the only part of my car I haven't built myself. Hopefully going well it'll be finished over the winter but again I'm in no real rush I'll just buy bits when funds allow.
Posted 4th Jun 2017 at 18:26
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #84
New wheels and arches fitted as the originals are to narrow

Posted 15th Jun 2017 at 12:01
3rd time lucky

Seasoned Pro

Post #85
Are those arches the eBay jobbies?

DIABLO GTI-6 - Legend - NILE GTI-6 - Sold
CHERRY GTI-6 P1 SUPERCHARGED - Broken up
BLACK RALLYE - Sold
205 Dturbo xud9 work horse - Dead
CHERRY RALLYE - new toy
Posted 15th Jun 2017 at 12:05
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #86
I did get them a while back off ebay but they were originally from maxi Motorsport i believe
Posted 15th Jun 2017 at 12:37
fatlapit

Seasoned Pro

Post #87
blandy have you got any pics of the arch before you fitted the arch

Posted 15th Jun 2017 at 14:22
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #88
Afraid not
Posted 15th Jun 2017 at 16:15
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #89
fatlapit wrote:
blandy have you got any pics of the arch before you fitted the arch

I've got 5 diff 205 Maxi Motorsport ass size arches in single front & rears in Carbon & fibreglass lent to me by Tony himself who makes them himself .....mine are going to look similar to yours but just on the rears Thumbs up
Posted 15th Jun 2017 at 20:15
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #90
Had a day out at Mallory park on fri

Slight issue with the car not wanting to start after the warm up lap but switched the battery and all was good for the rest of the day. May well be the last outing for the current engine as hopefully parts should start arriving soon for the new engine build although may try and squeeze one more outing out of the current set up that's destined to be rehomed in another 205

Think the stickers are growing on me though

Posted 19th Jun 2017 at 21:41

Pages (4): first .. 2 3 [4]