displaying posts 1 to 8 of 8

Author Subject: Passenger door leak (UK Driver)
shabusta

Regular

Post #1
Hello all (HELP!)

i woke up this morning to a puddle in my passenger foot well.....
i just got a new windscreen a few days ago and this has happened....

it would appear that the water is coming off the door just under the speaker at the seal level not speaker,
then jumping the seal and into the foot well or it is leaking onto the seal and in.

2 things it might be -

drainage hole in engine bay?

when i got the screen installed there was a thin foam buffer between the dash and the body is this the membrane that can cause leaks when deteriorated? it turned to dust when the new screen was installed.

any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Posted 9th Jun 2016 at 09:03
shabusta

Regular

Post #2
have cleared the little amount of leafs out of the drainage hole (not the problem)
if that thing ever gets blocked that is one hell of a blockage, the hole is huge!
Posted 9th Jun 2016 at 12:23
mocinim

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Most likely coincidence mate replace the bottom seal on the sill below the door should sort it and any other worn seals Smile

BLACK RALLYE - phoenix
WHITE RALLYE - valliant

http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/

https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history
Posted 9th Jun 2016 at 13:10
shabusta

Regular

Post #4
know anywhere i can order one from at a reasonable price? local places and the dealer almost want 250 quid for just the front doors.
Posted 9th Jun 2016 at 14:16
Cjwatson27

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
Every 306 I've owned has leaked by the speakers I gave up with my latest and just drilled holes in the floor that will learn it

Old pugs don't die they just get faster
Posted 9th Jun 2016 at 15:19
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
If it is the door seals, sometimes they can be brought back to life by a generous lube (repeated regularly) with some silicone spray. Rubber tends to shrink and harden slightly as it ages resulting in a less-than-perfect seal, and in your climate it would be even more so.

If it is the new windscreen it means it was incorrectly fitted or a poor quality non-OE part and you should go back to your insurance company. We had this with a Ford Focus where the installer didn't seal around the windscreen heater element wiring while installing and it leaked like a bugger. In your case it might be the bottom corner of the windscreen as this is a common place for leaks especially if the screen is a non-OE replacement probably due to subtle differences in the shape of the glass. Not sure if the seal "turning to dust" you mention between the dash and the body would be at fault - this sounds like it is inside the screen where water shouldn't be anyway.

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 11th Jun 2016 at 09:26
gretsch-drummer

Regular

Post #7
Mine leaked both sides where the join is in the door seals right under the door speakers. The water runs down on top of the door seal and it builds up and flows over the seal then into the car. I cut a bit out of the seals so the water can still run along but drain out when it hits the join.

Ph1 Cossack 6'
Posted 12th Jun 2016 at 20:37
shabusta

Regular

Post #8
Much appreciated i'll have another play around with it tomorrow, silicone spray and a re-ferb sounds like the plan,
since around the windscreen the outer seal is an inch short but to no effect,
i watched him install it, he did a very good job even though it has a maze of seals all around it.

i'll also put some small holes on the under side and top side of the seal since this seems to have been a common fix to this common problem.
since my driver side dosnt leak and it has chunks missing from the seal that must be a good fix Wink
Posted 13th Jun 2016 at 23:24