displaying posts 26 to 36 of 36

Pages (2): 1 [2]

Author Subject: Engine mounts?
shabusta

Regular

Post #26
Does anyone have the dimensions or a diagram of the chocks for the pyramid structures so i can get some fabricated?
Posted 8th Jun 2016 at 01:06
gnrlee Forum Admin

Post #27
Not sure which part you mean? Can you be more specific?

Proud Member of the ASTOR Owners Club
Posted 8th Jun 2016 at 04:08
shabusta

Regular

Post #28

i am just going off what i have found in this post and the one from 2004 that i got this photo from,
i believe it is an L shaped "chock" / filler / bracket that attaches to the engine mounting,
and fills the empty space between the body of the vehicle and the rubber pyramid bush?

it is meant to reduce engine vibration and other stuff?
Posted 8th Jun 2016 at 04:36
aaron6

Seasoned Pro

Post #29
4mm plate. Just knock it up to suit if your not welding them in. It's nothing special at all.

See the sheer power and might of the lesser known burrowing owl.

Posted 8th Jun 2016 at 06:18
shabusta

Regular

Post #30
my mate wants some idea of what he is making is why i ask,
in the photo is the hole on top for a bolt or was that just how the metal was in this case?
if welding is not done and that is not a bolt hole what holds the metal in place?
Posted 8th Jun 2016 at 06:22
aaron6

Seasoned Pro

Post #31
There is a metal bridge that straddles the top of the mount. This shim would sit under it and be held down by the bolt that holds down the bridge.

Posted 8th Jun 2016 at 07:01
barrym

Senior User

Post #32
and stick a 4mm washer under the mushroom like rubber piece that you will see when you take the bridge off. It will take up the slack created

China D Turbo HDi daily charger
Black Rallye occassional toy
Posted 8th Jun 2016 at 16:32
aaron6

Seasoned Pro

Post #33
Good call

Posted 8th Jun 2016 at 19:39
monty-69

Senior User

Post #34
I tryed using all 3 bbm mounts and buffers but imo its just too much noise and vibration for a road car. It sounds like the transmission has nakerd bearings and the whole car feels like its shaking to bits. Ive settled for standard top mounts, chocked standard buffers with bbm lower mount. There is more vibration at tickover and certain frequencys but it is definately the best setup for decreasing excess movement while still being enjoyable to drive. I can't see why a stiffer setup than this might be needed unless its built purely for track.
Posted 11th Jun 2016 at 12:09
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #35
That's I'll I'm running on the 406 - a half billet ally/half poly lower mount and the upper buffers adjusted, no uncomfortable vibrations when driving apart from slightly more on hot idle but not enough that it bothers anyway.

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 11th Jun 2016 at 12:29
manthos

Seasoned Pro

Post #36
I've decided to go for Vibratechnics technics competition all round they are a world better than BBM. They have been designed and made as a far superior billet part whereas the BBM are just the same as standard except a little stiffer rubber. also seems BBM are a bit hit and miss some break some don't and from what I hear they don't have the best customer service if that was to happen. I have driven a 6 with the vibra technics on it too and it only vibrates on tick over when you are moving there are no horrible vibrations. Thanks for all your help guys

Team SUPERCHARGED

Ninja I LIVE FOR THE 306 Ninja

Old Project thread

Clicky: [url =http://www.306gti6.com]click here[/url] remove the space between [url =
Posted 11th Jun 2016 at 12:40

Pages (2): 1 [2]