displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: Cat Converter Issues
sbolly

Junior User

Post #1
The cat converter seems to be getting disturbed whenever I'm driving in heavy rain, causing it to rattle and bang up against the tunnel, almost like it's loose. Never have a problem otherwise. I've been underneath and there's no movement in the cat itself. Fittings are all fine and secure. Anyone had experience of this? Any ideas on what could be causing it?

'97 Platinum Silver GTI 6
Posted 1st Jun 2016 at 15:19
rikky 🦔

Post #2
my 6 did this again only in heavy rain, i had a vibration from the centre / exhaust tunnel. absolutely fine in the dry. mounts etc all ok, replaced the downpipe fitting kit and that made no difference

i managed to fix it in the end by putting the engine into my 205 and scrapping the 306

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 1st Jun 2016 at 15:57
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
rikky wrote:
i managed to fix it in the end by putting the engine into my 205 and scrapping the 306

Laugh my ass off

Goldie the track car.
Posted 1st Jun 2016 at 16:22