displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: standard rods and pistons
pete_rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
I'm building an engine which is hopefully going to be a bit of an experiment into how much power I can get from a standard engine, the only thing I am going to change in the whole engine is the cams, and maybe springs if I deem necessary, but hopefully not. Everything else will be modified where required, but will remain standard.

I'm after as many standard pistons and rods as I can get my hands on so I can select the lightest ones I can find to use in the engine.

Happy to cover postage costs but can't really buy lots of pistons and rods, so if anyone has any they are happy to donate, please drop me a pm. I am happy also to return all unused rods+pistons after if required.

Oulton Park in a BTCC 306 vid 1
Oulton Park in a BTCC 306 vid 2
Lap of the 'ring
Posted 14th May 2016 at 21:50
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #2
changing springs is pointless as youll never be able to get enough lift @tdc to run a cam that needs different springs.

i came across a similar dilemma building my 2.2, it was either stick with the ph2's and stock springs, but take more off my omega pistons.

or leave the pistons buy some piper springs and some ph4's (didn't want to go solids and chase rpm, though crank and rods will do it, my wallet wouldn't)

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 14th May 2016 at 22:45
pete_rallye

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Got some PT82s coming that by my calcs will run with pocketed standard pistons, albeit tightly. Kent recommend their springs for them but they are the same springs I run with PT85s, I need to do the math but I'm hoping standard springs will do it.

If clearance is an issue I can get the valve seats sunk deeper into the head which will generate 0.5mm, maybe 1mm at a push.

Oulton Park in a BTCC 306 vid 1
Oulton Park in a BTCC 306 vid 2
Lap of the 'ring
Posted 14th May 2016 at 23:34