1999 Peugeot 306 Rallye

• 2000cc
  • Red
  • 91,780 miles

• No tax
  • No MOT
  • Some service history
  • Cambelt changed: May 2016

Modifications: E-tech strut brace, cone filter, Scorpion mid and back box, solid beam mounts

displaying posts 1 to 11 of 11

Author Subject: 1999 Peugeot 306 Rallye
demondriverdan

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Time to put my road car up for sale, I fancy a change and am getting bored of looking at cherry Rallyes all the time! Smile I've had it for nearly 4 years and tried to keep it fairly original but with a few small modifications to make it a bit more fun for a country lane blast. As such it still has original things like frosted headlights, Rallye floor mats through, cone filter, Scorpion mid and backbox, and solid rear beam mounts. The exhaust has a really nice sound, not too loud and drone-y but when the windows are down it is incredible! I know the cone filter might not be to everyone's taste so I can throw in a standard air box although it needs a bit of a refurb, if the car sells for asking price. When I bought the car it had a cold air intake in one of the Rallye blanks although it's not actually connected to anything. I have some spare blanks I could also include if the car sells for asking price. The car also came with an E-tech strut brace and I've fitted solid rear beam mounts not long ago.

The car had an engine change before I bought done by yippeekayay on here. The shell has about 15k more miles than the engine. Not sure if that will put anyone off, it didn't bother me when I bought it as I wanted something that ran well rather than having everything completely original!

Bodywork is all straight and true. As usual with these cars the paintwork does fade but it always comes up nicely with a good polish. It's had a respray in the past which is not great, you can see some blend lines. In all honesty its never bothered me so I've just left it. The Cyclones could also do with a refurb, I kerbed one once which I was a bit p**sed off about!

The interior is really clean. The drivers seat has a little rip in the back, no bolster wear though. The other seats are all in great condition. Genuine Rallye mats front, rear and in the boot along with Rallye seat belt covers. The main downside is the radio. I've replaced it with a JVC KD-R741BT that has bluetooth, microphone etc. however sometimes it doesn't turn on. I think it's just a loose connection as over bumps it will briefly flick on but not sure and I don't drive the car enough to worry about it.

I do about 6000 miles a year in the car and change the oil and filter every year. Gearbox oil was changed last year with genuine Pug stuff. Cambelt was changed just 100 miles ago along with the water pump, tensioner, aux belt, oil and filter, and the fuel filter. Wishbones were changed in December 2015, ball joints back in 2013. Gearbox mount was changed in August 2015, top engine mount in 2013 (with chassis welding). Brand new Kumhos were fitted on the front in January 2016, rears will need changing by the end of the year. I had the fronts balanced last weekend as they were vibrating a bit, wasn't sure the first place did it right. Mintex M1144 pads and discs fitted to the fronts in October 2014.

I'm waiting on a plate transfer for the car so it won't be available for a couple of weeks until the DVLA gets everything sorted but welcome for people to come and view the car.

Going to be really sad to see it go but time for something new.

Rallye Race Car
Posted 15th Jun 2016 at 22:10
wmcl94

Post #2
SFS?

William McLaughlin
Posted 19th May 2016 at 15:03
demondriverdan

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
It is, yea. I've not been pushing the sale as I'm still waiting to sort the plates out.

Rallye Race Car
Posted 19th May 2016 at 17:20
demondriverdan

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
Bump. Plates are all sorted so time for it go Smile

Rallye Race Car
Posted 15th Jun 2016 at 22:07
Robdog Rallye

Junior User

Post #5
Still for sale mate?

Low boost Rallye
RB182 Cup
Posted 19th Jun 2016 at 14:02
demondriverdan

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
It is, yea Smile

Rallye Race Car
Posted 20th Jun 2016 at 18:34
Robdog Rallye

Junior User

Post #7
Cool, I'll send you a pm later on mate, very interested! Smile

Low boost Rallye
RB182 Cup
Posted 21st Jun 2016 at 03:20
Cromp123

Post #8
Is this long gone?
Posted 11th Aug 2016 at 20:07
demondriverdan

Seasoned Pro

Post #9
Hey, I'm afraid it is!

Rallye Race Car
Posted 11th Aug 2016 at 20:08
Cromp123

Post #10
demondriverdan wrote:
Hey, I'm afraid it is!

Ok Thanks
Posted 11th Aug 2016 at 20:10
Robdog Rallye

Junior User

Post #11
Car will be back up for sale shortly, not much has changed other than it being on 93K miles now, will write up an advert when I get the time Thumbs up

Low boost Rallye
RB182 Cup
Posted 26th Sep 2016 at 16:49