displaying posts 1 to 7 of 7

Author Subject: lambda sensor trouble
RallyeP6

Regular

Post #1
Help please with identification of what appears to be a faulty lambda sensor on my Citroen Xsara 1.4, TU3 with Sage SL96 ECU.
Originally checked it with Peugeot Planet and the lambda voltage at idle was jumping all over the place, from 100mV to 900mV and the engine missing and shaking too.
Did a quick swap with a spare lambda from my Gti6 and the idle settled and had less of a misfire but was running rich and indicated on P.P with a pretty constant 450mV.
Bought another NTK sensor for my car fitted it and went back to misfire and rough idle again, checked P.P and now the voltage does not read, just 000v, with a 'permanent high or open circuit' fault message.
Replaced the sensor with another new one and hey presto, exactly the same thing. So now have put back my trusty old 306 one in despite it running rich and burning fuel until I can find a replacement one that works.

The original lambda that was on the car was AFS 91, which cross checking on the NGK NTK comes up with part number 7979, which is what I tried but did no work.

Could I have a faulty ECU?, or should I try another model of sensor?.
Posted 3rd May 2016 at 13:11
Tarmac terror

Regular

Post #2
I'm having emissions issues too. Currently using the correct Bosch 717 but I feel the readings on PP are a bit odd. Had a new ECU but still fails on CO.

Will be interested to hear how you fare...

TT
Posted 3rd May 2016 at 13:59
RallyeP6

Regular

Post #3
Luckily the motor factors are just next door to my work, have already returned one on Saturday, don't know what they will say when I return the second one.
Posted 3rd May 2016 at 14:43
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #4
check the temp sensor, that might be throwing the mixture out and killing the lambda.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 3rd May 2016 at 14:51
RallyeP6

Regular

Post #5
Yep tried that, temperature values are showing in Lexia (just realised I mentioned Peugeot Planet in the thread), even plugged in a spare one I had to make sure.
Posted 3rd May 2016 at 16:04
mocinim

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
Id be checking the state of the wiring loom the cat and perhaps the map sensor

BLACK RALLYE - phoenix
WHITE RALLYE - valliant

http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/

https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history
Posted 7th May 2016 at 22:54
RallyeP6

Regular

Post #7
Got another NTK model sensor for Citroen Xsara's, seems to run better, idles a little rough but not as bad as before, just need to check the live voltage readings in Lexia to make sure.
Posted 8th May 2016 at 01:19