displaying posts 1 to 1 of 1

Author Subject: Drivers Door handle replacement
fast_eddie

Regular

Post #1
I thought this would be simple, so ordered a replacement from eBay...

Drivers door handle snapped off in my hand in cold weather two months ago

Just got around to fitting it after months of climbing in through the passenger side (I work a lot of hours blah blah)

So the ebay part is not a direct replacement ..

For some reason, I seem to be blessed with a ph 2.5/3car and my door handle was riveted in with rivets made out of Kryptonite .. I drilled them out and released the handle WITHOUT breaking the little white clip inside the locking mech or drilling the side of my door!

Upon refitting the ebay replacement, using counter sunk m6 bolts and nylock nuts and washers, it transpired that the replacement handle, didn't line up enough to activate the rod to open the drivers door.

To cut a long long story short, I filed the handle assembly to make the handle sit low enough to activate the door catch then tightened it all up...

Not the easiest of jobs with two hands but it works now..

Hope this info helps anyone that has to do the same job
Posted 21st Apr 2016 at 00:34