displaying posts 1 to 4 of 4

Author Subject: Rev Counter Needle
RetroPug

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
I have finally fixed my non-working rev counter, a replacement instrument cluster has sorted it.

Out of the two rev counters I could have put in the cluster, one was just broken, and one works but the needle returns to below 0 and doesn't have any resistance that makes it stop at 0 as it should. This causes it to under read by a couple of hundred.

Basically my question is: can I fix this or do I need to get another rev counter and put it in this instrument cluster?

Picture:

61k miles Ph.1 Diablo '6 Project Thread
Posted 3rd Apr 2016 at 10:56
rikky 🦔

Post #2
i have got about 3 sets of clocks in bits here

the needles can simply be wound anticlockwise and clockwise until you hit resistance, which is the start of the sweep. i had to graft the HDI face onto some GTi6 clocks the other day cos my whole cluster packed up. you will be fine to just adjust the needle. once you take the face off and can access the needle, you will see what i mean about being able to push it back and forward. you basically ant to get it so the resistance causes the needle to fall at 0, rather than -5 or whatever it's at now

mine wasn't right and i had it out about 4 times making minor alterations to the needle positions

306 rallye reproduction decals (full sets/individual decals) | 306 b-pillar textured vinyl weatherstrips
306 slam panel esso stickers | 306 yellow / orange / pension fund red side door badges
gti6 inlet manifold badges | 306 rear boot badges (p2/p3)
winner of Extraction of toys from prams with outstanding vigour award 2009 [source: gti6 owners club]
Posted 3rd Apr 2016 at 12:59
6waysforward

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Or pull the needle of and place it at 0.
Fitting is the reverse of removal Thumbs up

***Breaking*** Ph3 Silver GTI 6 High Boost Superman

Posted 3rd Apr 2016 at 19:59
RetroPug

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
I'll give this a go when I've got some time. There's doesn't appear to be resistance anywhere in the sweep though.
Thanks guys.

61k miles Ph.1 Diablo '6 Project Thread
Posted 5th Apr 2016 at 21:04