displaying posts 1 to 5 of 5

Author Subject: 1.4mm Head gasket?
ad

Regular

Post #1
Hello, I am in the process of doing a head gasket and when I ordered the gaskets ect from Peugeot they didn't asked me about thicknesses of head gasket. I just agreed to the bits as I got the part numbers from service box and knew what I needed. I've had the head skimmed and I'm not sure if it's the first time it's been done or not but the markers are still on the head and it's reading 137mm on the head so I think I'm ok there.

I know it's my fault and I should of got the gasket after having the head skimmed Doh but i would of thought Peugeot would of sent a thicker gasket and not the standard 1.2mm one which is what I have. So I called them back today and spoke to the bloke who ordered the bits at the time. I was put on hold for a bit while he "looked into it" and came back to say that is the only one they do.... I said well that's a standard 1.2mm gasket and I've had my head skimmed so that can't be it. Dunno

Is he pulling my leg or is that really all they do? If so is there a part number for a 1.4mm gasket from Pug? He has agreed to take it back and give me my money back so that's good but it's just a ball ache all for 0.2mm. I'd rather be safe than sorry or does anyone reckon I would get away with a 1.2mm one? Can anyone suggest a good MLS 1.4mm gasket other than a Pug one? Thanks in advance for any information. Thumbs up
Posted 16th Mar 2016 at 19:34
cully

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
peugeot only do the MLS in 1.2mm part no 0209Z2

Peugeot do a fibre gasket in 1.4mm part no 0209T9
i have this installed on my engine as the head is at maximum skim of 0.2mm 136mm between ladders

Posted 16th Mar 2016 at 20:18
ad

Regular

Post #3
cully wrote:
peugeot only do the MLS in 1.2mm part no 0209Z2

Peugeot do a fibre gasket in 1.4mm part no 0209T9
i have this installed on my engine as the head is at maximum skim of 0.2mm 136mm between ladders

I rang them back today and asked them about the fibre gasket which they can get at a price of £47 ex vat Wink No Crazy Angry

I said I would get back to him before I go ahead as I was wondering if or where else does a 1.4mm gasket? Can anyone on here get hold of one for a bit cheaper? I thought fibre gaskets were about half the price of a MLS one, not more...Dunno

I can't beleave how much of a pain trying to get hold of a thicker gasket is.......
Posted 21st Mar 2016 at 18:10
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #4
loads of places do Payen 1.4mm gaskets, corteco do 1.35mm one too.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 21st Mar 2016 at 19:13
ad

Regular

Post #5
quote:
welshpug! wrote:
loads of places do Payen 1.4mm gaskets, corteco do 1.35mm one too.

Can you name some of these places please as I'm having real trouble finding the correct one? I've searched Google, tried eBay and Euro car parts and can't find them, unless it's me being thick. I have a few car parts shops round my way so I'll call them tomorrow and see what they have.

I'm just going to scrap the car at this rate Whistle

Posted 21st Mar 2016 at 19:40