displaying posts 1 to 6 of 6

Author Subject: Passenger side door check strap
ben1024

Post #1
Hi,

I am looking for a check strap for the passenger door of my Gti6, anyone from here has one they are willing to part with?

Cheers.
Posted 16th Mar 2016 at 09:00
jord294

Seasoned Pro

Post #2
Still available from maindealer

FRESHLY RE-FURBISHED GTI BEAMS
FITTING AND LOWERING AVAILABLE.
ALL AXLES BUILT USING GENUINE PEUGEOT PARTS

IF I'M NOT HERE, IT ONLY MEANS ONE THING.... I'M SOMEWHERE ELSE!
Posted 16th Mar 2016 at 09:18
mik

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Check (see what I did there) if you need the whole check strap or just a pin. There are two types depending on the age of the car. One is an entire check strap with the pivoting part a rivet, the other is a two piece version held together with a roll pin. The roll pins do break eventually. I thought I needed the entire chec kstrap as it looked as though it was missing, but it turned out it had retracted itself into the door. I extended it, tapped into place a new roll pin from the dealer, job done!

Cherry Rallye SOLD

Posted 17th Mar 2016 at 09:22
ben1024

Post #4
Cheers for the advice, the strap is still in one piece I think it either has some play on the pin or has cracked slightly (which is what happened to my 406 coupe strap). I checked the bolts and they are tight, the problem I have is the common knock that the door does when you open it. I thought it would be easier to change the whole thing but I will have a closer look tonight at the car to see whether I need to change only the pin or the whole thing
Posted 17th Mar 2016 at 10:03
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #5
probably just the pin needs changing

9181 63 DOOR STRUT PIN

can't remember if the later type has a roll pin or a solid steel pin.

theyre £3 odd, so I'd be measuring and seeing if I could get an alternative, or replacing the whole checkstrap assembly.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 17th Mar 2016 at 10:33
alcon

Senior User

Post #6
I replaced both my door stays last year and they cost £66.77 from the main dealer. Quite expensive but made a massive difference to the opening and closing of the doors...ie no clunking anymore!

1999 GTi-6 (china blue)
1999 Rallye (black)
Posted 18th Mar 2016 at 13:57