displaying posts 1 to 8 of 8

Author Subject: Sad news
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Castle Combe this Sat @ BHP day a £100,000k fully raced /caged Audi A8 doing 120mph towards Round Folly clipped a Catherham joining the track causing it take flight & flip & barrel roll lots ...it was smashed into hundreds of pieces & only because of the roll cage did he survive ...
I'm going slightly quicker at that point myself Crazy

TODAY another track day ...a 63 year old man in a road going Astor 911 Dies at Combe...the helicopter is called but he was DOA ...

Makes you think guys ?
Posted 14th Mar 2016 at 20:37
roland rat

Yeeeah Rat fans!

Post #2
Sadly these are the risks we take when we drive fast on track.

However the chance of it happening to someone is very very small so enjoy it while you can I say! Thumbs up
Posted 14th Mar 2016 at 20:47
superchargedblack1997gti6

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Without risk there's not going to be excitement? Every time you push to the limit you know there's danger sadly for some this danger leads to the ultimate sacrifice. It's a shame that the sport has this but realistically every sport has dangers. Sad news tho Sad. A freind of mine passed away on his bike 2 years ago but his motto was if the speed one day kills me do not be afraid as I died doing what I loved.

Super high boost Completed, destroyer of gearboxes and 160mph club
Posted 14th Mar 2016 at 20:50
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #4
It won't slow me down ...but I'm bloody glad that cage has been fitted now...I'm not on a death wise but when I'm in my 6 I just feel no fear & that makes me feel SOO alive ...the cage will just give me a fighting chance if it goes pear shaped !
Posted 14th Mar 2016 at 21:02
Chr1sch

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
Yuck that is awful, that said I do think Coombe is bloody lethal as tracks go
Posted 16th Mar 2016 at 14:08
fatlapit

Seasoned Pro

Post #6
well coombe is only a clubman track for a reason

Posted 16th Mar 2016 at 15:59
adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
Chr1sch wrote:
Yuck that is awful, that said I do think Coombe is bloody lethal as tracks go

I'm not sure it's all that bad to be honest. Just needs a bit of respect in certain places, especially in the wet.
Last time at Blyton sprint we had two cars on their roof in the middle of a massive field, just due to them running out of talent. You would never have thought it could happen!

Nothing to see here
Posted 16th Mar 2016 at 20:59
Twangy

Senior User

Post #8
this is a reply to adam quote , no disraspect to guy who snuffed it but seen that many of time some people could not drive a soapy stick up a dog arse adam , we called it check book rallying

wayne mcardle
Posted 16th Mar 2016 at 22:07