displaying posts 1 to 3 of 3

Author Subject: Fuel tank breather help ?
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
Suggestions please ?

I have no under bonnet inlet manifold fuel breather outlet .
I've cut it off the brown valve & just left the canister under the wing in & left some of the open pipe there !

Now I'm fitting a Swirl pot & extra fuel pump & using the existing in tank pump I've been told it will be fine apart from I need the tank to breath great because of the extra pressure ?

It's been suggested to run the breather from under the drivers wing to under the drivers rear wing & cable tie it to filler pipe as nothing hot there ...

Been told to use a roll over valve on the end of it also but keep it 100% upright so it breaths both ways freely ...

Any suggestions please ...

Remember can't use inlet manifold ....
Posted 29th Feb 2016 at 20:18
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #2
ive just left the standard pipe connected from tank to charcoal canister, then open to atmosphere, no issues.

running a higher fuel pressure won't make any difference

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 29th Feb 2016 at 20:30
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
welshpug! wrote:
ive just left the standard pipe connected from tank to charcoal canister, then open to atmosphere, no issues.

running a higher fuel pressure won't make any difference

Sadly forgot to say ....mines fried under sub frame going to the canister Thumbs down

I'm running the stnd pump which isn't LP what's advised into the Swirl pot Mei ..surly that will cause more pressure with the Other pump going as well .?
meaning higher pressure from return pipe & more Vapour or not ?

Sandy said it won't be a problem running stnd pump as well...it just needs to breath well on tank ?
Posted 1st Mar 2016 at 07:09