displaying posts 1 to 18 of 18

Author Subject: Yamaha R6 throttle bodies + MS ECU.
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #1
As above, selling my R6 'bodies, had originally intended to use these on my TU3 engine but now I have a V6 I don't think 4 throttle bodies will work very well Wink

They're from a 2005 model R6, 38mm diameter (so you should be good up to 180-200bhp or so), and they have built in constant velocity sliders like a CV carb, which keeps the airspeed up over the injectors at lower rpms, or with smaller engines, so you get better bottom end torque/mpg/emissions.
They come with the injectors (updated 4 hole spray pattern versions), fuel pressure regulator, the throttle position sensor, MAP sensor, and all the wiring plugs to connect to them, they also have a remote idle speed adjustment cable that you can pop somewhere easy to get to for fine tuning, the fast idle valve is there too.
Condition-wise they're perfect, they only did delivery milage to the dealer in Louth that I bought them from - where they were removed as the bike was to be converted for racing. There's not a mark or spec of dirt on them, they've been wrapped up and dry stored since.

£75

Pictures to follow.

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 24th Feb 2016 at 12:41
Ashjackson

Post #2
Really interested m8
Posted 18th Feb 2016 at 00:03
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #3
Pics:

And as mentioned I have the other half of the connectors/wiring tails for TPS, injectors, etc.

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 22nd Feb 2016 at 21:49
Ashjackson

Post #4
What's the price m8
Posted 23rd Feb 2016 at 12:29
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #5
phillipm wrote:

£75

Smile

Email me!
Posted 23rd Feb 2016 at 12:47
Ashjackson

Post #6
How much extra posted??
Posted 23rd Feb 2016 at 16:54
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #7
Be ~£6 for 3-5 day or £10 for next day delivery.

Email me!
Posted 23rd Feb 2016 at 17:28
Ashjackson

Post #8
Pm sent
Posted 23rd Feb 2016 at 17:59
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #9
Sold pending payment Smile

Email me!
Posted 23rd Feb 2016 at 18:25
Ashjackson

Post #10
Thanks m8
Posted 23rd Feb 2016 at 18:34
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #11
Will be selling the Megasquirt ECU I was going to run these on shortly too, MS1 v3 with Squirt 'n' Spark firmware so it can do fuel and ignition, was just in the middle of converting it to use the wasted spark coilpack from the TU engines (have one that can go with it - will finish and test the conversion before it goes, obviously!).
Comes with a Megastim simulator board so you can bench test it all with various inputs, etc, and it also comes with a new ECU loom connector so you can build your loom straight to it rather than splicing into wiring, and the cable for PC connection.
I can get a video of it running on the bench through the simulator if anyone wants - but it's brand new and basically never been used bar bench testing it.

£200 takes it.

Email me!
Posted 24th Feb 2016 at 12:55
potpot

Regular

Post #12
Looks and sounds awsome, would love it if i could fit these in my rallye only trouble being i wouldn't have a clue what im doing!
Posted 24th Feb 2016 at 17:54
Ashjackson

Post #13
Have you got some pictures of the mega squirt m8
Posted 25th Feb 2016 at 10:51
gnrlee Forum Admin

Post #14
Potpot I'm in the same boat! LOL

Proud Member of the ASTOR Owners Club
Posted 25th Feb 2016 at 13:17
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #15
Piccy's:

The stimulator/testing board has been modified so it can simulate wideband as well as normal lambda sensors too.

I can get a video of it powered up and running if need be.

Although now I'm getting tempted to just keep it and upgrade to MS3 and run the V6 on it LOL

Email me!
Posted 25th Feb 2016 at 18:12
IvayloPavlov

Regular

Post #16
You can run with this V6 as well. Only one more inj & ign driver is needed.Mine MS2v3 is with external pair of S16 ignitor because of wasted COP mode. Unfortunately a lot a of modification need to be done to go sequential mode. How much delivered to Guildford Surrey GU1 1RU?
Posted 25th Feb 2016 at 18:32
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #17
I think it'd be about £10 for insured delivery.

Email me!
Posted 25th Feb 2016 at 19:04
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #18
'bodies sold, ECU still for sale.

Email me!
Posted 26th Feb 2016 at 16:57