Pages (137): first .. 89 [90] 91 .. last

Author Subject: Day666 / 6 updates / 1% road 99% track/Race
petey

Regular

Post #2226
quote:
[quote="Day666"]
quote:
[quote="petey"]You really have gone to town on your car and fair play it looks like a beast! When are you taking it to Prescott?
I've not done anything with mine since I did that trackday at Combe back in March

Why NOT ?
It’s was coming along well ????

Mine now is better at speed Pete ...horrible slow LOL

I’ll probably do Pugfest and then think about a few independent days depending on how it handles ?
It’s really set up for Tracks now and not just Combe LOL

I have a few things to Tweek and change and that’s me happy until my Sequencial in 2-3 years which WILL happen Thumbs up

Loving the updates mate, I log in from time to time to have a look.

I haven’t had the spare cash knocking about to sort mine out, but I haven’t given up or lost interest Smile

High Boost Supercharged 306 GTI6
Alfa 147 GTA
Posted 9th Mar 2019 at 08:37
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #2227
quote:
[quote="petey"]
quote:
[quote="Day666"]
quote:
[quote="petey"]You really have gone to town on your car and fair play it looks like a beast! When are you taking it to Prescott?
I've not done anything with mine since I did that trackday at Combe back in March

Why NOT ?
It’s was coming along well ????

Mine now is better at speed Pete ...horrible slow LOL

I’ll probably do Pugfest and then think about a few independent days depending on how it handles ?
It’s really set up for Tracks now and not just Combe LOL

I have a few things to Tweek and change and that’s me happy until my Sequencial in 2-3 years which WILL happen Thumbs up

Loving the updates mate, I log in from time to time to have a look.

I haven’t had the spare cash knocking about to sort mine out, but I haven’t given up or lost interest Smile

Fantastic to know your still about .....I know about the money situation...I’ve been there ...
Good Luck Pete and keep us all posted m8

PS ...thank you Thumbs up
Posted 9th Mar 2019 at 09:48
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #2228
Well here it finally is ...full Sequencial.

Big thank you to Tony Palfrey of MaxiMotorsport .

Let the fun begin

Posted 4th Jun 2020 at 19:24
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #2229
Awesome
Posted 22nd Mar 2019 at 19:10
Cjwatson27

Seasoned Pro

Post #2230
Hope it’s easier to fit than a satchshift lol

Old pugs don't die they just get faster
Posted 22nd Mar 2019 at 19:42
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #2231
Less chance of cocking up a shift that’s for sure
Posted 22nd Mar 2019 at 19:43
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #2232
quote:
[quote="blandy"]Awesome

Big thank you Mike ....

Also got a deal offered by a close m8 of Wills ...he was buying a digital dash and asked me was I interested if the price was good ...
Well the price was good ...so we both have these coming Whistle

It’s the fully loaded GPS / data logger one Whistle

Posted 23rd Mar 2019 at 08:14
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #2233
Sorry had a issue with the pic....
I’ve got to use another program soon

It’s a DTA NT dash made by XAP of France and plugs direct into my S40 ECU

Posted 4th Jun 2020 at 19:25
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #2234
More work to do ...I must admit I do love it ...but I’m definitely taking on far to much at once Thumbs down

DTA NT dash which direct links to my DTA S40 Ecu

Posted 6th Jun 2020 at 17:17
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #2235
Be worth it in the end will be a much simpler set up with wiring etc
Posted 28th Mar 2019 at 21:28
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #2236
We've got one of those NT dashes - one of the first batch with the GPS and logging, etc - it's pretty good but I've only just this week got it working properly with the 4.1 firmware - had problems with it all the time up until now.

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 29th Mar 2019 at 00:49
thugpuggin

Seasoned Pro

Post #2237
Read a few pages of this thread, good to see you restoring it to original condition rather than spending thousands modding it to a track car....

Where about are you in reference to Bristol as be nice to possibly pop round and have a look as it's clearly a labour of love/something.

Black X Reg PIII.VGTi 6 A4212 pt 1 A4212 pt 2 Searching the streets of Bristol for 1.36p/day.

Joint Kent Leader

Posted 29th Mar 2019 at 02:50
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #2238
blandy wrote:
Be worth it in the end will be a much simpler set up with wiring etc

Agree with you Mike Thumbs up

I would of loved the Stack full digital 7inch dash but it works out twice the price and to get it to talk 100% with my DTA would be fun .....

I must admit the DTA 5inch is very small up to what I remember LOL
Posted 29th Mar 2019 at 06:08
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #2239
phillipm wrote:
We've got one of those NT dashes - one of the first batch with the GPS and logging, etc - it's pretty good but I've only just this week got it working properly with the 4.1 firmware - had problems with it all the time up until now.

Yes I’ve been told of nightmare stories also ....luckily I know Martin Fox of MEF Motorsport Who makes the DTA looms for Alex ...he’s said they are spot on now Thumbs up

Problem is Phil ...not many Digital dashes I really like at Autosport this year and the Stack one I reall wanted worked out £3200 complete with fitting and that’s just crazy ...even for me LOL
Posted 29th Mar 2019 at 06:14
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #2240
thugpuggin wrote:
Read a few pages of this thread, good to see you restoring it to original condition rather than spending thousands modding it to a track car....

Where about are you in reference to Bristol as be nice to possibly pop round and have a look as it's clearly a labour of love/something.

Hi Jonathan
Your totally correct ....I wasn’t even going to have a cage at one point Whistle

Once I’ve finished my garage and the cars inside hopefully Sunday after next ..your more than welcome to pop round ....
I live in Wick just before good old TOG HILL....
Posted 29th Mar 2019 at 06:18
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #2241
Day666 wrote:
phillipm wrote:

Yes I’ve been told of nightmare stories also ....luckily I know Martin Fox of MEF Motorsport Who makes the DTA looms for Alex ...he’s said they are spot on now Thumbs up

Problem is Phil ...not many Digital dashes I really like at Autosport this year and the Stack one I reall wanted worked out £3200 complete with fitting and that’s just crazy ...even for me LOL

Yeah, the 4.1 firmware seems to have finally fixed all the gremlins...but we bought the dash direct from Alex at the autosport back in 2017 - so it's been a rather frusting journey LOL
Great when it works though.

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 29th Mar 2019 at 13:29
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #2242
phillipm wrote:
Day666 wrote:
phillipm wrote:

Yeah, the 4.1 firmware seems to have finally fixed all the gremlins...but we bought the dash direct from Alex at the autosport back in 2017 - so it's been a rather frusting journey LOL
Great when it works though.

Yes a lot of money for a block of Alloy and a bit of Carbon if it doesn’t work correctly Thumbs down
My fingers are crossed...
I’m using it for RPM and Sequencial gear number and anything else is a bonus ...I know a lot of money for just that ...problem is I’ve got separate pro Stack digital dials for everything really Whistle
Posted 29th Mar 2019 at 19:17
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #2243
Well should finish the inside of the garage all ready for Monday night when my 6 comes home for the very first time Thumbs up
It will be the first car in my house type built Garage LOL

I’ll get some pics tomorrow afternoon.
Posted 6th Apr 2019 at 18:25
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #2244
Well it’s nearly ready for my car tomorrow can’t wait and I’m straight back on getting the gearbox fitted and ready to then measure for the Satchell drive shafts Thumbs up

8metres x 4metres

Posted 6th Jun 2020 at 17:18
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #2245
Another picture

The picture until my 6 is inside doesn’t look as big as it is ...hopefully a pic with the car inside tomorrow?
Hopefully ...

Posted 6th Jun 2020 at 00:53
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #2246
Well it’s home ..:first car to set foot in my garage I started building 20years ago ....let the gearbox build begin LOL

Posted 6th Jun 2020 at 00:54
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #2247
Nice garage!
I'm hoping to get started on building a decent sized one this year or next year at the latest Thumbs up

Goldie the track car.
Posted 8th Apr 2019 at 20:58
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #2248
prism7guy wrote:
Nice garage!
I'm hoping to get started on building a decent sized one this year or next year at the latest Thumbs up

Thank you Steve Thumbs up
Only took 20years LOL
Posted 9th Apr 2019 at 04:22
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #2249
prism7guy wrote:
Nice garage!

Thank you Steve Thumbs up
Only took 20years LOL
Posted 9th Apr 2019 at 04:23
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #2250
Well they are from USA and £799.00 plus vat from Costco .....I’ve just got one off my customer for (half price) as he’s just splitting from his Wife and selling everything inc his jeyskis and Other toys ....got a lovely £8k Snapon tool box for £4K cash too ...no good to me....

It should make life 100% easier for me and hopefully pay for itself quickly?

PS the pair of jacks ...not the car LOL

Posted 6th Jun 2020 at 00:55

Pages (137): first .. 89 [90] 91 .. last