Author Subject: Day666 / 6 updates / 1% road 99% track/Race
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #1226
phillipm wrote:
Mahoosive diffuser.

Stickers from Halfords.

Neons.

McDonalds tea trays under the rear wheels.

A driver.

LOL Razz
Posted 22nd Apr 2017 at 22:58
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #1227
cully wrote:
A diet for the driver Razz

Already cut out Bread & junk food Thumbs up
15.5 stone now & 15s my goal ...Big grin
Posted 22nd Apr 2017 at 23:00
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #1228
Bit of a expensively big Friday update Whistle

Just got my rear damper pics they are one offs = 40mm pistons with 3way remotes ..... John from Black Art Design just sent me nearly finished Pics.....bumpstops & a few more bits to go inc rod gator protectors Thumbs up

All ready for Ross/ Superchargers 25mm Torsion Bars ....big thank you Ross Thumbs up

PS big thank you to Denis / Russian guy for all his help too .....Denis are 36mm pistons & these have modified 40mm ones with more oil to keep them cool on bumpy tracks Crazy

Day666 has attached the following image:

Posted 28th Apr 2017 at 15:40
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #1229
Should be a little more sensitive to small movements too, which helps on the rear of a 306 given the leverage ratio - I ran 44.5mm pistons in the rear Foxes for the same reason.

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 30th Apr 2017 at 15:27
fatlapit

Seasoned Pro

Post #1230
Ull defo need them at coombe place is like a plowed field

Posted 30th Apr 2017 at 17:26
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #1231
phillipm wrote:
Should be a little more sensitive to small movements too, which helps on the rear of a 306 given the leverage ratio - I ran 44.5mm pistons in the rear Foxes for the same reason.

Did you need to modify the subframe To fit 44mm Pistons in Philip ?
I can only just get 40mm piston = 52mm outer in standard subframe ...I want it twitchy at the back Phil & I believe 25mm TBs & these 3ways should control them easy ...
Also John ajusted the rebound for my rear spoiler seeing as it puts 180kgs of weight down on the rear at 120 mph Thumbs up
Posted 30th Apr 2017 at 18:54
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #1232
fatlapit wrote:
Ull defo need them at coombe place is like a plowed field

Thank you Chris.... Yes ....I'm a little concerned about 25mm TBs.... seeing as it's so bumpy but also have 23mm TBs just incase & Johns made the 3ways to be able to ajust Thumbs up
Posted 30th Apr 2017 at 18:57
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #1233
Day666 wrote:
phillipm wrote:

Did you need to modify the subframe To fit 44.5mm Pistons in Philip ?
I can only just get 40mm piston = 52mm outer in standard subframe ...I want it twitchy at the back Phil & I believe 25mm TBs & these 3ways should control them easy ...
Also John ajusted the rebound for my rear spoiler seeing as it puts 180kgs of weight down on the rear at 120 mph Thumbs up
Posted 30th Apr 2017 at 18:58
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #1234
That's a lot for that small a rear wing, you'd have to be running a fair amount of AoA/drag? The tri-plane for the buggy only makes about 775 at 120 and it's pretty damned draggy at that (not that it matters much given it's pretty much a brick with 4 parachutes on each corner Big grin )

The Foxes were smoothbody with a CDS steel outer so the wall thickness was a lot smaller compared to threaded ally bodies (not as fancy as yours! Razz ), they only come out at 50.8mm O/D, and the caps are internally retained, so the same size as the body

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 30th Apr 2017 at 20:47
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #1235
phillipm wrote:
That's a lot for that small a rear wing, you'd have to be running a fair amount of AoA/drag? The tri-plane for the buggy only makes about 775 at 120 and it's pretty damned draggy at that (not that it matters much given it's pretty much a brick with 4 parachutes on each corner Big grin )

The Foxes were smoothbody with a CDS steel outer so the wall thickness was a lot smaller compared to threaded ally bodies (not as fancy as yours! Razz ), they only come out at 50.8mm O/D, and the caps are internally retained, so the same size as the body

Phil I put it a little lower about 10mm below the roofline you are limited where you can fit a F2000 rear spoiler ....& the Angle of Attack is fixed sadly.... ...thinking I don't want to much drag ...Demondan said it was really draggy but great in the Wet ....on Dans pics it appers he has his a little higher where it should be ...mines Lower than the swept down roof line Thumbs up

PS ....I'm hoping with the extra power I'm running over Dan it will make les's difference maybe ...we shall see Whistle ???

Are those rear fox dampers off a 306 touring car ?
Posted 2nd May 2017 at 07:36
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #1236
No, they were some I made ages back as prototypes to refine/get some feedback on the valving, they're floating around with someone on here somewhere LOL

Low down's not that bad if you can couple it with a lower lip - run a spoiler around the rear of the tailgate - it'll couple and help pull air from under the car at the rear then, if you fit a diffuser it'd drive it even harder, and it doesn't really cost you anything drag-wise on a hatch if you already have an aggressive upper wing anyway.

Email me!
Posted 2nd May 2017 at 11:37
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #1237
306 touring cars had Penske, at least the ones I've seen were, I think they were built by a few different teams so not all the same.

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 2nd May 2017 at 11:42
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #1238
Yeah, someone fetched me some to dyno/check over once, they had seperate air-over-hydraulic bumpstops in a remote canister with a screw in adjuster for pressure/ride height control, very trick.

Email me!
Posted 2nd May 2017 at 11:45
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #1239
Great info Phil Thumbs up

Well guys I've just been told I've got a delivery waiting for me Whistle

Any guess what it could be ?
Clues on earlier post LOL

I've not seen the finished product yet ...so I'm a little bit excited being a sad person Crazy

Posted 2nd May 2017 at 14:08
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #1240
I know this one, it's a box.

Email me!
Posted 2nd May 2017 at 15:30
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #1241
phillipm wrote:
I know this one, it's a box.

YES ....But a dam expensive one LOL
Posted 2nd May 2017 at 15:46
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #1242
phillipm wrote:
No, they were some I made ages back as prototypes to refine/get some feedback on the valving, they're floating around with someone on here somewhere LOL

Low down's not that bad if you can couple it with a lower lip - run a spoiler around the rear of the tailgate - it'll couple and help pull air from under the car at the rear then, if you fit a diffuser it'd drive it even harder, and it doesn't really cost you anything drag-wise on a hatch if you already have an aggressive upper wing anyway.

Phil ...looked at the Fox rear damper project 2009 -on .....why did it never happen ? ....people seemed to be lined up etc ?
Posted 2nd May 2017 at 16:08
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #1243
I know everybody says this.....The picture really doesn't do these pair justice Love

(BIG) Thankyou to Russain guy / Denis Thumbs up

Posted 2nd May 2017 at 20:58
Cjwatson27

Seasoned Pro

Post #1244
Is that a heavy duty cock pump ? If so where did you get it from ?

Old pugs don't die they just get faster
Posted 2nd May 2017 at 17:37
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #1245
Cjwatson27 wrote:
Is that a heavy duty cock pump ? If so where did you get it from ?

If it was I'd be in films LOL
Posted 2nd May 2017 at 17:50
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #1246
Also something that may interest a few others on here ?
Marine clear spray for anti rust of all metal parts ...not cheap but got this free off B.A.D

Posted 2nd May 2017 at 17:54
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #1247
It's the stuff Meister sells, BAD do their pistons/internals (Fitted a set to the Eunos a little while ago)

Foxes was mainly I wanted those ones run on a few setups to fine tune the valving and by the time they got fitted the drop in exchange rate buggered them up a bit.

Email me!
Posted 2nd May 2017 at 18:56
RallyeRed

Regular

Post #1248
Yep I've got the same stuff from Meister R for my Impreza coilovers. Used it, but I doubt they'll get too rusty in the box they arrived in - where they still reside....
Posted 2nd May 2017 at 20:39
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #1249
phillipm wrote:
It's the stuff Meister sells, BAD do their pistons/internals (Fitted a set to the Eunos a little while ago)

Foxes was mainly I wanted those ones run on a few setups to fine tune the valving and by the time they got fitted the drop in exchange rate buggered them up a bit.

Shame that Phil .....they did look amazng Thumbs up
Yes John from B.A.D did mention he modifys the internals of Meisters ...that would make sense Thumbs up
I'll try it
Posted 3rd May 2017 at 06:56
clen666

Seasoned Pro

Post #1250
Day666 wrote:
phillipm wrote:

Shame that Phil .....they did look amazng Thumbs up
Yes John from B.A.D did mention he modifys the internals of Meisters ...that would make sense Thumbs up
I'll try it

That's interesting, I read a thread on a jap car forum, maybe Impreza or civic, where a Meister rep was trying to drum up some interest but I think he ended up getting a load of grief.

I seem to remember them saying they had a reputable name on board to alter the internals but not much more info was given. To be honest I'd written them off as a cheap import but they may be decent? Dunno

Team 'unintentional rat look'
Posted 3rd May 2017 at 09:44

Pages (137): first .. 49 [50] 51 .. last