displaying posts 1026 to 1050 of 3414

Pages (137): first .. 41 [42] 43 .. last

Author Subject: Day666 / 6 updates / 1% road 99% track/Race
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #1026
blandy wrote:
Shame couldn't get on together although prob would of just about saw you fly by lol.

Actually enjoying driving it at min which is nice so cant wait to get it out again

Yes ....shame
I always wanted to get on the same time as that Fast Blue Clio with the cage / stripped & Pure motorsport bits that I meantioned in a earlier post... he's local.....this time I did & he was shocked how improved the 6 is LOL
All I saw of him was in the far distance & I mean far Thumbs up

Was impressed with the Audi & New Honda typeR but they just couldn't keep up & one of the Evos was rather quick ...
It's always good to have your ego stroked by people asking WHAT the Hell have you done to that car & what power is it doing ....
I do say Standard sometimes just to see there reaction Whistle
Posted 13th Sep 2016 at 14:12
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #1027
I think thats the ultimate though when people are shocked when they cant shake off a little Peugeot in there big turbo cars
Posted 13th Sep 2016 at 16:11
Charlie@gti6

Regular

Post #1028
Day666 wrote:
Bonnet was great at Forge Action day @ Castle Combe yesterday ...doesn't flex at the front now & the car was The best it's ever been ...it was flying around & at one dryish session out of 3 had 4-6 laps clear ish with no idiots & left a regular guy in a blue Clio with Pure motorsport bits for dust & he's one of the most impressive cars always there & he just couldnt live with the 6 ....he was shocked how quick the 6 is now ...having never been on the track together since my engine has been fitted Thumbs up

So I'm one very happy owner & nothing I went out against including silly power Scoobies & Evos & new Hondas & golfs / Focus gave me any problems Thumbs up

That must have been u that i saw out on track. Was going very well bud. Car looked pretty planted even though the track was like a pond LOL shame there wasnt any 6s out in my session Smile
Posted 13th Sep 2016 at 18:15
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #1029
Charlie@gti6 wrote:
Day666 wrote:
Bonnet was great at Forge Action day @ Castle Combe yesterday ...doesn't flex at the front now & the car was The best it's ever been ...it was flying around & at one dryish session out of 3 had 4-6 laps clear ish with no idiots & left a regular guy in a blue Clio with Pure motorsport bits for dust & he's one of the most impressive cars always there & he just couldnt live with the 6 ....he was shocked how quick the 6 is now ...having never been on the track together since my engine has been fitted Thumbs up

So I'm one very happy owner & nothing I went out against including silly power Scoobies & Evos & new Hondas & golfs / Focus gave me any problems Thumbs up

That must have been u that i saw out on track. Was going very well bud. Car looked pretty planted even though the track was like a pond LOL shame there wasnt any 6s out in my session Smile

I never went out until 2.30 then 3.45 & 4.10 so was drying up !

3gan on here had a silver 6 with green wheels
Posted 14th Sep 2016 at 07:27
Charlie@gti6

Regular

Post #1030
Oh right yeh i saw that one and i think i may have briefly seen yours. I left about quarter to 4. But atleast u got to drive round when it was fairly dry. I went out at 12:15 and all i can say was the conditions were interesting for my first time on track LOL
Posted 15th Sep 2016 at 12:25
clen666

Seasoned Pro

Post #1031
Started reading this thread last night as I missed the start of it when I disappeared from the forum.
Just finished it now - great work!
Definitely inspiring me to get mine put back together, I just really need to rebuild my garage first as it's leaking like a sieve and no fun to work in Sad

Team 'unintentional rat look'
Posted 10th Oct 2016 at 09:38
sergioiacobucci

Senior User

Post #1032
Bit late to the party but have just read through some more of this. Realised that my cousin helped do your cage Damien, he used to work with Mike. He is fitting my cage (standard OMP one) in a couple of weeks.

Phase 1 silver track car
335i daily
Posted 12th Oct 2016 at 07:57
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #1033
Thank you guys....the last 18months has seen the most spent & change to the car Thumbs up

Nothing left to do to it now ...apart from enjoy it LOL
The only thing I would love would be a sequential Box ..that's not going to happen though ....

Is your cousin the guy that left to go & work for a professional Racing company making bits ?
Posted 13th Oct 2016 at 18:31
sergioiacobucci

Senior User

Post #1034
Day666 wrote:

Is your cousin the guy that left to go & work for a professional Racing company making bits ?

Yep that's the one went to Chris Tullett he remembers working on yours. He's currently turbocharging his type R doing all of the pipework etc himself

Phase 1 silver track car
335i daily
Posted 13th Oct 2016 at 18:38
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #1035
sergioiacobucci wrote:
Day666 wrote:

Yep that's the one went to Chris Tullett he remembers working on yours. He's currently turbocharging his type R doing all of the pipework etc himself

Say hello for me & I hope he's doing ok ?
I was really surprised he left ..very talented chap Thumbs up
Cars looking good
Posted 15th Oct 2016 at 09:22
sergioiacobucci

Senior User

Post #1036
He's doing well and loving his type r!

Yep it was time for him to move on. He gets on well with Mike still obviously

Phase 1 silver track car
335i daily
Posted 15th Oct 2016 at 09:48
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #1037
Sorry for going off topic Damien but is there a project thread for that type r? Looks interesting. Smile

Goldie the track car.
Posted 15th Oct 2016 at 11:08
sergioiacobucci

Senior User

Post #1038
Yeh he posts his updates on instagram. He just got a lsd http://instagram.com/benji_ep3

Anyway back to Damiens car! Haha

Phase 1 silver track car
335i daily
Posted 15th Oct 2016 at 19:55
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #1039
Got a few updates coming soon ...trying some genuine 25mm Torsion bars & after a F2000 Carbon rear spoiler plus ordering 4 new Dunlop Dzo3gs Thumbs up

Gone against fitting the Corsa power steering I have waiting in the garage as it would need a much larger Altenator than I currently have which is 40amp ...

Getting the car corner weighted after this again ....

Feeling the love again for the 6 ...sadly just Horrible to drive on the road now LOL

Maybe ....Looking into B.A.D rear dampers for the 25s with separate canisters & possibley upgrade to external canister on The front....maybe ?

Posted 17th Oct 2016 at 20:49
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #1040
I flattened my battery on the way to germany a few weeks ago in the morning on the way to the port, my poor little alternator couldnt handle the pas, lights, wipers, heaters and keeping the engine running, it was all too much drain for it to handle. Quite embarrassing when it refused to start in the long queues when getting ready to board the ferry! Doh LOL
Luckily i usually take a spare battery and jump leads for long journeys so i was able to jump start it and for the rest of the holiday i made sure i only had the pas turned on when i needed it and ran the engine for a few minutes after i'd turned it off to make sure the battery was topped up.

I'm with you on the horrible to drive on the roads aspect too, it's a pleasure on a track but getting there and back is annoying! Laugh

Have you thought about turreting the rear and running dampers that way? It's something i'm considering on mine.

Goldie the track car.
Posted 18th Oct 2016 at 16:38
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #1041
prism7guy wrote:
I flattened my battery on the way to germany a few weeks ago in the morning on the way to the port, my poor little alternator couldnt handle the pas, lights, wipers, heaters and keeping the engine running, it was all too much drain for it to handle. Quite embarrassing when it refused to start in the long queues when getting ready to board the ferry! Doh LOL
Luckily i usually take a spare battery and jump leads for long journeys so i was able to jump start it and for the rest of the holiday i made sure i only had the pas turned on when i needed it and ran the engine for a few minutes after i'd turned it off to make sure the battery was topped up.

I'm with you on the horrible to drive on the roads aspect too, it's a pleasure on a track but getting there and back is annoying! Laugh

Have you thought about turreting the rear and running dampers that way? It's something i'm considering on mine.

Steve I've put a much larger Odyessy battery on now ...one down from the largest ....but my heated W/S eats the power 25amp per side but I only keep the drivers side on now ....use that Ron visor spray inside to keep it demisted on damp days

Because of the Satchel shift & With no Exhaust shields the car stays toasty

Little update
PS ...just ordered my F2000c full carbon spoiler 6-8wks delivery-Hopefully to get more pressure down on my rear tyres & to warm them up better ...
my Gen P/S 25mm torsion Bars will be here next Tuesday ...
Cars getting corner weighted after they are fitted...

Posted 19th Oct 2016 at 15:36
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #1042
Possibly B.A.D 3way rear dampers coming ?....same as Russain guys Thumbs up
Will be great with my 25mm TBs

My Bilstein group A rear dampers may be up for sale ...like new
Posted 21st Oct 2016 at 19:59
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #1043
are they 205 or 306 ones Damien?

Garry had alternator issues with his rally saxo (the one i service for) standard 70 was nowhere near man enough and a 90 borderline!

i dont think you run 6 100w bulbs a heater blower heated screen and electric pas pump though LOL

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 21st Oct 2016 at 20:09
jeffers Forum Admin

Post #1044
Mei if I remember rightly from the discussion I had with Damien earlier they're 205 billies.....

Team Running Engine again!
Team Negative Camber!
My Budget track engine build thread!
Now appearing at a Trackday near you!!Hyper Hyper
Posted 21st Oct 2016 at 20:18
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #1045
jeffers wrote:
Mei if I remember rightly from the discussion I had with Damien earlier they're 205 billies.....

YES Lee your 100% correct Thumbs up
I bought them off Kam racing not long ago & they replaced my 205 group N tarmac Mei who said 306 ones are NLA and the valveing was different for a heavier car ?
I believe Twangy has a set hanging around he's keeping Thumbs up

I'm going Black Art Design 3way so these will be up for sell soon

No Mei
Only split power heated screen & electric fuel pump & DTA Mei Whistle
Posted 21st Oct 2016 at 22:07
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #1046
Just found a pair of GRP front doors for sensible money ? Big weight saving Thumbs up
Only issue is I'll have to use Marguard fixed windows with small sliding openers ...I do like them opening as normal & glass really ...
Does sound interesting on big weight saving though ?
Posted 21st Oct 2016 at 23:29
Twangy

Senior User

Post #1047
correct Damien 306 grpa tarmac arecrocking horse sh*t as not loads about , toched luck myself as got of Peugeot works mechanic with tubular wishbones for little money

wayne mcardle
Posted 21st Oct 2016 at 23:30
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #1048
I've been thinking of replacing panels with carbon/kevlar over the next couple of years for some weight saving too.
I'm also debating whether to wide track mine or not, and if i do, whether its worth trying to make some big changes to the suspension whilst i'm at it.

Goldie the track car.
Posted 22nd Oct 2016 at 08:49
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #1049
I know bilstein uk had some 306 dampers on the shelf, Adam checked LOL

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 22nd Oct 2016 at 09:35
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #1050
welshpug! wrote:
I know bilstein uk had some 306 dampers on the shelf, Adam checked LOL

I rang Steve at Bilstein last Weds & was told the same code by them as mine now ?
Ask Adam what code they gave him Mei ?
Posted 22nd Oct 2016 at 10:31

Pages (137): first .. 41 [42] 43 .. last