displaying posts 51 to 75 of 3415

Pages (137): first .. 2 [3] 4 .. last

Author Subject: Day666 / 6 updates / 1% road 99% track/Race
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #51
roland rat wrote:
adam b wrote:

Mine uses the strong part of the bulkhead as the cross brace under the dash and I've been meaning to put in gussets on the door bars

Great big dirty gussets? Love

I love gurt big dirty Gussets Whistle

AdamB ...I did want if to the front turrets but lt would of been loads more for him to do it & if needed I can get it done when my engine comes out in 12-14months time & I can get the lot strengthened ...only if I need it ....
Posted 8th Feb 2016 at 20:04
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #52
Cage looks great. What's the deal with the x on the boot floor? First time I've ever seen a cage with a x on the floor? do you reckon it's worked out cheaper than buying a ready made cage and getting it welded in? Certainly looks rigid

Lol ignor that it ties the rear to the main hoop I guess on mine I have bars running down the side as the 205 shape works like that. Very comprehensive looking cage
Posted 8th Feb 2016 at 20:24
pug_306

Seasoned Pro

Post #53
Now thats a cage :-)
Looks good buddy i bet the car will feel completly different

1998 Supercharged White Rallye
1992 205 GTi6
205 Turbo 340bhp
Posted 8th Feb 2016 at 20:33
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #54
blandy wrote:
Cage looks great. What's the deal with the x on the boot floor? First time I've ever seen a cage with a x on the floor? do you reckon it's worked out cheaper than buying a ready made cage and getting it welded in? Certainly looks rigid

Lol ignor that it ties the rear to the main hoop I guess on mine I have bars running down the side as the 205 shape works like that. Very comprehensive looking cage

Note totally sure Michael ? ....but PhillipM who I wanted to do my cage ...Welds really close to the body work like All great cage / fabricators seem to !
I believe PhillipM had a nightmare welding in a off the shelf cage & he said never again ?

Would a welded in cage fit as close as a bespoke one ?...I'm no expert on cages m8 ...I'm sure someone who is will comment ...hopefully ...
All I know is I asked him to help keep me & my son alive & please make my chassis as stiff as poss Thumbs up
Posted 8th Feb 2016 at 20:35
blandy

Seasoned Pro

Post #55
I cut my safety devices multipoint out of one shell and transferred it into mine it fits well but would say it's prob not as good as something that's custom built to the car. Took me 2 full weekends to remove and then reinstall including to front turrets. Cages are a massive job so can easily see where the money goes. + hopefully never need it but definately glad it's there.

Hopefully pop down to the spring action day and see yours in action again loving the progress
Posted 8th Feb 2016 at 21:02
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #56
Thank you ...look forward to seeing you Thumbs up
Posted 8th Feb 2016 at 21:06
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #57
Made the pair of Electric door switches up in 1.5mm steel with 3holes so I can bolt them on to the Carbon flat door panels Twangy / Wayne's making me ....then they will be up out the way of the cage door braces but still reach the drivers door one when I'm harnessed in .
Made them on a angle facing down & inwards for easier access ...well that's the plan LOL

Day666 has attached the following image:

Posted 13th Feb 2016 at 08:57
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #58
Hopefully just 3 screws ?

Posted 11th Feb 2016 at 09:25
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #59
Just needs priming & spraying now

Posted 11th Feb 2016 at 07:50
Chr1sch

Seasoned Pro

Post #60
damn dude, this is AWESOME! I was quoted circa 1500 for a similar cage up here in the midlands, but without all the fancy gussetts etc so that sounds very good.

Looks like a fantastic job too!! We're moving house now so i cant spend any more on the car sadly, but I absolutely want to replicate the approach, looks fantastic.

Keep the pics coming!
Posted 11th Feb 2016 at 09:11
Chr1sch

Seasoned Pro

Post #61
ps. i'd really like a set of those window switch boxes, would you be open to making another set?
Posted 11th Feb 2016 at 09:11
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #62
Chr1sch wrote:
damn dude, this is AWESOME! I was quoted circa 1500 for a similar cage up here in the midlands, but without all the fancy gussetts etc so that sounds very good.

Looks like a fantastic job too!! We're moving house now so i cant spend any more on the car sadly, but I absolutely want to replicate the approach, looks fantastic.

Keep the pics coming!

Sorry to here that Chris ...when do you think you will have any money ?

It's plus VAT at 20% sadly ...but I'm picking it up Sat ...
Thank you Chris ...

Yes give me a shout ...only problem is they took me 3hrs to make LOL
I've made a pair !

Posted 11th Feb 2016 at 10:20
Chr1sch

Seasoned Pro

Post #63
Oh it wil be a while before I can spend any significant money now, a good 6 months or so if guess as we're going all out to buy the forever home...

That said little bits are ok, pm me a price of you fancy doing a couple of the window switches, they look great :-) (are you bothering with passenger side?)
Posted 11th Feb 2016 at 09:53
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #64
Small update my Helix clutch & Backplate was delivered yesterday ....
I'm aware lots of cars on here are running same or similar Whistle

Manual ajustable Clutch cable without automatic adjustment & with metal ends coming Tuesday ....ill post pics up then ...had it made by Speedy cables in Swansea

Posted 13th Feb 2016 at 13:09
6waysforward

Seasoned Pro

Post #65
Day666 wrote:
Inside rear pick

f**k about, you have a jungle jim fitted in the carShock

Nice work mate Thumbs up

***Breaking*** Ph3 Silver GTI 6 High Boost Superman

Posted 13th Feb 2016 at 18:57
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #66
6waysforward wrote:
Day666 wrote:
Inside rear pick

f**k about, you have a jungle jim fitted in the carShock

Nice work mate Thumbs up

LOL now that's funny .

Well I Picked the car up today ...only change is the cage at mo Thumbs up
Gave it a fast road blast around the same roads I had before & couldn't believe how it really did feel a different car I'm so surprised & really pleased ....
Priming up the cage already & cutting back wiring no longer required Thumbs up
Posted 14th Feb 2016 at 00:47
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #67
I couldnt believe the difference my cage made to my car, so much better now! Smile

Goldie the track car.
Posted 14th Feb 2016 at 20:12
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #68
I do have one concern with that cage - I can't see any spreader plates welded under the rear mounting points?

Other than that, looks just about overkill enough LOL

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 14th Feb 2016 at 20:28
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #69
prism7guy wrote:
I couldnt believe the difference my cage made to my car, so much better now! Smile

Holes have been made & the tube dropped through So say Phil ?.....not looked yet I'm trusting him as he does lots of hot rods & top end Rally cars for some well known teams ...still wish I could of used YOU Thumbs up

I wouldn't of believed the difference ...I'm shocked really am ...it was so much more twitchy & direct in a good way Thumbs up

I've primed the cage up today & was dreading it but a roll of brown paper & loads of masking tape sorted it ...
I used Valspar indoor / outdoor grey Primer from USA it was called Plasticote before its stocked via B&Q in every colour you can think of & is amazing quality & coverage best I've ever used by a mile ....

I'm thinking about just using Valspar /Satin Clear Sealer on top as the colour looks great & blends into the car rather than black that would be to overpowering with the amount of tube fitted ...

I put a 2000w blower ceramic heater inside the car for 30mins & degreased all the tubes before spraying ...it did wonders & is starting to look good ....£8.50 per can & 5 cans later just of primer though much cheaper than paying someone to spray it though ....LOL
Posted 14th Feb 2016 at 22:33
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #70
Now you see why I don't do cage painting Big grin

- Bespoke rollcages/additions/adjustments. Half cages right up to complete custom spaceframes - MSA/FIA spec, CDS, ROPT, T45, etc - PM me
Email me!
Custom-made polybushes available - need an odd size or fitment? - anything from batch work to one-off pieces.
Posted 14th Feb 2016 at 20:54
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #71
phillipm wrote:
Now you see why I don't do cage painting Big grin

Phil your 100% correct .... it's a pain in the ass ...I was quoted stupid money ...I can now see the problems involved LOL
I'm sat inside with a breathing mask & white disposable all in one & glasses a sweating my ass off because I wanted the tubes warm ....
Only bonus .....I was able to remove & refit my own Front Windscreen Whistle
Posted 14th Feb 2016 at 21:02
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #72
Buggy needs the frame painting now you're well practiced Whistle

Email me!
Posted 14th Feb 2016 at 21:34
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #73
phillipm wrote:
Buggy needs the frame painting now you're well practiced Whistle

You better wait until you see the pictures of mine first LOL
Posted 14th Feb 2016 at 22:06
phillipm

Seasoned Pro

Post #74
half of it is battle scarred/gravel rashed, half the other half is bare and the rest has had a quick blast of primer over the welds, don't think you can make it much worse LOL

Email me!
Posted 14th Feb 2016 at 22:10
adam b

Seasoned Pro

Post #75
I brushed mine. But it was already sort of painted.
Looks brushed tbh

Nothing to see here
Posted 15th Feb 2016 at 09:59

Pages (137): first .. 2 [3] 4 .. last