displaying posts 3376 to 3400 of 3415

Pages (137): first .. 135 [136] 137

Author Subject: Day666 / 6 updates / 1% road 99% track/Race
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #3376
Well yet again been busy on the House and not the car Thumbs down

Been putting a Tiled roof on my Conservatory that had a Glass roof Thumbs down
It was too hot in the Summer and too cold in the Winter ...

(Anyway let get to the important stuff) .....

Im not sure if many of you are aware that a popular member on here and a good friend of mine (Mike Bland) that races his Green 306 at Castle Combe has had to sell his fantastic weapon hes got to a fantastic standard

Due to serious Health reasons (i wont go into) Mike has had to sell his beloved 306 Race Car ...he put the whole car up for sell at a sensible price but sadly (NO TAKERS) so Mikes desided to strip it .....

I told him ill have just the bare shell no doors / no bonnet / no Tailgate / no Windows etc etc and my plan is to strip
mine and after getting Mikes -Acid dipped and bits Welded and updated to fit mine then get sprayed inside and out ...ill have the car i always wanted ...

Mikes shell i once owned and had to sell because of £s needed

Now i hope i can do Mikes Car Justice and just want to say GOOD LUCK (Mike Bland) for the future and Love you my friend xxxxxx

Posted 31st May 2023 at 21:46
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #3377
A small update but im hoping now I've finished the Conservatory roof and 90% the inside of my Small Workshop extension on my Garage that i can start on the 306 again Thumbs up

I cant even get into my garage at mo where the 306 sits ..Shock

Buying my old shell back off Mike Bland has finally forced my hand to hiring a 20ft container to store everything while i strip my current shell of everything and sell that and give Sandy my Engine and start on my old shell that I bought back off Mike Bland ...
Lots and lots of plans in my head inc now Rear Maxi Arches to match front and uprating the rolls cage a litte
...going to get it vapour or soda blasted insideout first and then let welding begin and then full respray inside and out dark grey same as my old Alpina BMW was

Hopefully some big updates is 3-4weeks time
Posted 19th Jun 2023 at 13:31
prism7guy

Seasoned Pro

Post #3378
Can't wait for more updates! Big grin

Goldie the track car.
Posted 20th Jun 2023 at 18:11
Joep

Regular

Post #3379
Same here! The Maxi rear arches will look great!

Would have loved to see your car just before Pugfest. But I understood from Rob (we make the trip to and from Pugfest together) that timing is not right. So hope to see it next year! 😉

My car park:
'96 Sigma Blue XSi6
'98 Diablo Red GTi6
'99 Onyx Black S16

All RFS powered!

Plus various other Peugeots
Posted 21st Jun 2023 at 06:02
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #3380
prism7guy wrote:
Can't wait for more updates! Big grin

Me also now Thumbs up
Got to get my ass in gear now

Thank you x
Posted 24th Jun 2023 at 19:18
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #3381
Joep wrote:
Same here! The Maxi rear arches will look great!

Would have loved to see your car just before Pugfest. But I understood from Rob (we make the trip to and from Pugfest together) that timing is not right. So hope to see it next year! 😉

Thank you x

Yes its not been good or great timing to visit me sadly Thumbs down
Posted 24th Jun 2023 at 19:19
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #3382
Well sadly im devastated at posting this

I cant get my Engine uprated to what i want anytime soon and the (point has come where enough is enough) I feel im being forced now to go a completely different direction ...

Im selling my Sandy Brown 2.0L N/A engine 289bhp

Sadly im being forced after 4yrs of waiting that Im going to put a Honda 2.2 n/a with 2.0L head so i dont have to rely on people who don't regard there friendship and what ive done for them ...

Ive not posted anything like this on here before because i hoped yr after year / promise after promise the engine would be uprated ...

I expect a fair few of you will ask or say why do you need it uprated?
Thats a fair comment
I would say that everything ive done over 12yrs of owning a 6 has been to take it to the very Maximum i could afford and do myself
I have the money for the next stage and the will and drive to finish the car
Sadly one man has put a stop to that ..,.

I have had so many Willy Wonkers ideas that people ive got to know well and are now friends have created my vision from Fibreworxs/Alex
Maxi Motor sport / Tony Palfrey
Satchell Engineering / Colin Satchell
Glebe Engineering / Nick Cresswell

Sadly i feel im being let down massively by one man
I've promised Mike Bland a ride in my finished /vision project and ill stand by that .....last time he got a passenger ride the car blew both drive shafts Sad

A Sad day for me

https://racecarsdirect.com/Advert/Details/138152/sandy-brown-genuine-full-race-engine

Posted 25th Jun 2023 at 09:23
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #3383
I know of K20 and 24, but not a 2.2 ? H22?

need a part number? get on here - http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 25th Jun 2023 at 11:23
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #3384
welshpug! wrote:

Thankyou as always Mei x

Im weighing up all avenues at mo other than my engine Mei ....
I've already had two foreign enquiries and one of them is serious so it might happen sooner than I thought ( new engine Direction) ive still got a bad taste in my mouth using a Honda engine but it appears the
most obvious solution
Posted 25th Jun 2023 at 16:54
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #3385
They do make sense unfortunately! Pretty sure tony has done a honda K bellhousing too.

As with any big spec engine, you tend to only get proper enquiries but that might mean the wait is long, hopefully not.

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 25th Jun 2023 at 17:43
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #3386
welshpug! wrote:
They do make sense unfortunately! Pretty sure tony has done a honda K bellhousing too.

As with any big spec engine, you tend to only get proper enquiries but that might mean the wait is long, hopefully not.:

Yes your 200% correct a Honda K is available for my box ....im not giving it away as i fully know what its worth as you do Mei ....
Posted 25th Jun 2023 at 21:41
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #3387
welshpug! wrote:

Sorry Mei Thumbs up

Its a K24 im after

My really good m8 Mike Morrison MMR Honda fame has a trashed K24 he's letting me have to help fabricate all the brackets with 👍

Whats the K24 spec you know of please?
Posted 28th Jun 2023 at 12:39
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #3388
I don't know much in detail of them, just that many american youtube car builders have built these, turbo and N-A, did come across this;

https://www.hybrid-racing.com/blogs/hybrid-racing/k20-k24-hybrid-engine-build-guide

I think Ash in Chippenham has a 309 in progress with a K20, mounting points are all the same as a 306.

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 28th Jun 2023 at 13:25
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #3389
welshpug! wrote:
I don't know much in detail of them, just that many american youtube car builders have built these, turbo and N-A, did come across this;

https://www.hybrid-racing.com/blogs/hybrid-racing/k20-k24-hybrid-engine-build-guide

I think Ash in Chippenham has a 309 in progress with a K20, mounting points are all the same as a 306.

Massive thank you Mei as always ....Ash with the 309 ?
And up the road from me ....got any details ?
Posted 28th Jun 2023 at 15:19
welshpug!

Capt Pedantic

Post #3390
Rallyeash, Ashley stevens, also has a gti6 engined 205 rallye, i think his brother has a black 306

Bring on the Trumpets.

Posted 28th Jun 2023 at 17:11
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #3391
welshpug! wrote:
Rallyeash, Ashley stevens, also has a gti6 engined 205 rallye, i think his brother has a black 306

Ohh Yes I remember seeing it when I visited him at his Business Thumbs up

Thanks Mei x
Posted 28th Jun 2023 at 17:19
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #3392
Day666 wrote:
Well sadly im devastated at posting this

I cant get my Engine uprated to what i want anytime soon and the (point has come where enough is enough) I feel im being forced now to go a completely different direction ...

Im selling my Sandy Brown 2.0L N/A engine 289bhp

Sadly im being forced after 4yrs of waiting that Im going to put a Honda 2.2 n/a with 2.0L head so i dont have to rely on people who don't regard there friendship and what ive done for them ...

Ive not posted anything like this on here before because i hoped yr after year / promise after promise the engine would be uprated ...

I expect a fair few of you will ask or say why do you need it uprated?
Thats a fair comment
I would say that everything ive done over 12yrs of owning a 6 has been to take it to the very Maximum i could afford and do myself
I have the money for the next stage and the will and drive to finish the car
Sadly one man has put a stop to that ..,.

I have had so many Willy Wonkers ideas that people ive got to know well and are now friends have created my vision from Fibreworxs/Alex
Maxi Motor sport / Tony Palfrey
Satchell Engineering / Colin Satchell
Glebe Engineering / Nick Cresswell

Sadly i feel im being let down massively by one man
I've promised Mike Bland a ride in my finished /vision project and ill stand by that .....last time he got a passenger ride the car blew both drive shafts Sad

A Sad day for me

https://racecarsdirect.com/Advert/Details/138152/sandy-brown-genuine-full-race-engine

Well what a difference a few days make Crazy
Ive had a French guy contact me and offer £12k not £14 for my complete engine setup inc inlet / exhaust/ ECU / loom etc etc ....but wants to pay me to drive to France then when hes happy to pay me £LOL

I said NO WAY !!!!

So then i get contacted by a member on here that really throws a spanner in the works !!!!
The chap says he can do all the upgrades i need and he knows a great mapper bur most importantly he has a engine dyno all set up for GTI6 engines ...
Basically i need ..
1..trigger on Cams for Sequencial injection
2..Leak Test to see how engine is at mo
3...Oil pump removed for dry sump
4...dry sump tested on Dyno to see if it works on my engine

Nothing major major for a engine builder really Thumbs up

So im sure your guessing that im now leaning towards using my engine and keeping it full gti6 ....

Ive only just picked up Mike Blands fantastic shell that i use to own ...so im not going to rush into any expensive decisions ...but if i cant sell my Engine packed for what its worth then ill keep it and use it ....as that would cause me a huge case flow issue on my build
Plus i just love the gti6 engine sound etc

If i at mo ...Love him or hate him nobody can deny...Sandy does make one hell of a GTI6 engine but you just cant get it refreshed or upgraded within 5yrs Crazy

Posted 1st Jul 2023 at 05:56
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #3393
Really strange how this Satchell modded Shell has done the rounds Thumbs up

Posted 23rd Sep 2023 at 17:00
foot

Senior User

Post #3394
ah good to see it went to a good home!
Posted 4th Jul 2023 at 08:24
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #3395
foot wrote:

Thank you Tom Thumbs up

You may know ?.....It came from me originally to Ross on here then Ross sold it to Mike Bland who really gave it life and repaired it and raced it & its done full circle & ive got to pull my finger out now and get it done for Mike and his Son Jayden to have a passenger ride in
Posted 4th Jul 2023 at 16:59
foot

Senior User

Post #3396
Day666 wrote:
foot wrote:

Thank you Tom Thumbs up

You may know ?.....It came from me originally to Ross on here then Ross sold it to Mike Bland who really gave it life and repaired it and raced it & its done full circle & ive got to pull my finger out now and get it done for Mike and his Son Jayden to have a passenger ride in

oh I didn't know it was originally yours. how funny. do you plan to sell your silver shell then and move everything over?
Posted 5th Jul 2023 at 08:48
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #3397
foot wrote:
Day666 wrote:
foot wrote:

Thank you Tom Thumbs up

oh I didn't know it was originally yours. how funny. do you plan to sell your silver shell then and move everything over?

Yes thats the plan ....
I bought the Green car many years ago with my Sandy Brown engine in it ...see see ...i sold everything apart from the engine as i borrowed the money from my then Girlfriend now my Wife ...I promised her id sell everything apart from the engine to pay her back and couldn't afford to keep the Satchell modded Shell back then ...

Today i got my 20ft container to put all my crap ive built up since Covid thats stopping me evening walking around my silver car in my garage....
Ill store the green shell in the container with the crap until its time to move and sell the silver one stripped and put the green one resprayed into my garage and put all the silver car bits onto the newly resprayed green one thats going to go darkish Grey

Posted 23rd Sep 2023 at 17:01
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #3398
Im still about but sadly still finishing off the Conservatory roof that I converted from glass to solid roof with 150mm of Celotex insulation for the wife ...

Im waiting for my Carbon / Kevlar hybrid Maxi rear panels and rear bumper and side skirts to arrive from France so started to aquire some 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Multi-Material Composite
Urethane Adhesive DP6310NS kit and Cleco Temporary Fasteners below ( fantastic things for holding the panels together while the bond cures

Posted 24th Sep 2023 at 14:03
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #3399
Not cheap stuff but ive found the best ive used Thumbs up

Posted 23rd Sep 2023 at 17:01
Day666

Seasoned Pro

Post #3400
Had a delivery today Thumbs up

All the way from Sunny France

Carbon/Kevlar Hybrid Maxi rear Arches to bond on